Let us never forget 'OUR' Conneticut children!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artista
    • Apr 2010

Let us never forget 'OUR' Conneticut children!

I'm sure that my feelings are shared by everyone here when i say that, I am still heart broken for those children. This loss is so uniquely sad and outrageous. Hopefully this tragedy will create some type of serious gun control here in America. Australia would be a good example of CHANGE regarding serious gun laws.

• Delphi
    • Mar 2009

It amazes me just how much true evil there is in the world. This is such a tragedy.

Comment

• chrisdav
      • Oct 2011

It was terrible what happened.

I really do hope that they put politics to one side, and try to change the gun laws in the USA.

Comment

• Artista
        • Apr 2010

Highlander, this is a posting to specifically RESPECT those young children here in America that were lost.
        Anyone with an ounce of compassion would understand that,
        so your comment"Can anyone seriously be heartbroken at this?" makes no sense.
        Don't use condescension here. It is not welcomed.
        Words to praise those children who died at such a young age certainly IS WELCOMED.

Comment

• dex89
          • Jul 2012

No children deserves to die...looking at there pictures breaks my heart.

A strict gun control is acceptable but banning guns in the USA is not. This will not pass, it better not.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
            • Feb 2011

Artista, thanks for posting this. This CT shooting was one of the worst tragedies that could ever happen; innocent young children who had their lives taken from them for no reason whatsoever. They will never have the chance to grow up, graduate high school or college, or enjoy the rest of what life has to offer. This is truly heartbreaking and unreal. I live in the northeast U.S. and I actually know people whose families were personally affected by this. Again, truly heartbreaking.

Comment

• lalala
              • May 2012

Yes, let's hope this does change gun control laws. Let's hope that it becomes much easier to carry a concealed weapon so that when these nut jobs come into a public place to slaughter innocent people somebody will take them out before they accomplish that.

Banning guns will just take away guns from good people. Bad people will still get them and use them however they like. Same thing with alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc. Prohibition never works.

Comment

• AFye
                • Dec 2012

I can take my car and drive it through a place with a lot of people at 100 mph and kill alot more than 26. Should we ban cars?

Though I don't see how people have such a moral outrage over these things. When someone in the Pentagon is playing a computer game where he controls a flying robot armed with missiles and uses them to blowup women and children in some 3rd world country no one complains about that for some reason

Comment

• Artista
                  • Apr 2010

2 SEPERATE issues with differing circumstances. Work on your comprehension and compassion skills. You need to

Comment

• BigThinker
                    • Oct 2012

I actually agree with Highlander for once. Maybe it's just because I lack empathy, but other countries have it so much worse. Watch a Nat Geo documentary on Rwanda street children or something comparable and it'll really put things in perspective for you.

Further, gun control isn't going to fix this. It's just going to piss a bunch of people off and those that really want to have guns are going to find ways to get them. It's like illegal drugs; if you make them illegal, you create a lucrative black market for them.

I mean no disrespect by this post. Just voicing my opinion.

Comment

• Artista
                      • Apr 2010

Apparently, BigThinker, your not thinking very big after-all based upon what you have just stated here. Among other things you said-"gun control isn't going to fix this. It's just going to piss a bunch of people off.."
                      Really? How do you know that as being a fact?
                      You lack empathy and smack of pessimism.
                      Dr Jeffrey Sachs has recently addressed this issue with FACTS.
                      He used Australia as a good example of what real gun control could do--

"America needs to find a better way.
                      Other countries have done so. Between the mid-1970’s and the mid-1990’s, Australia had several mass shootings. After a particularly horrible massacre in 1996, a new prime minister, John Howard, declared that enough was enough. He instituted a severe crackdown on gun ownership, and forced would-be gun owners to submit to a rigorous application process, and to document why they would need a gun.

Conditions for gun ownership in Australia are now very strict, and the registration and approval process can take a year or more. Howard’s government also implemented a rigorous “buyback” policy, to enable the government to purchase guns already owned by the public.

The policy WORKED. While violent crime has not ended in Australia, murders are DOWN, and, even more dramatically, there has NOT been a single mass shooting since 1996 in which three or more people died (the definition used in many studies of mass shootings). Before the crackdown, there had been 13 such massacres in 18 years.."
                      Do some studying 'BigThinker

Comment

• elnino
                        • Sep 2012

RIP from ireland

Comment

• Artista
                          • Apr 2010

THANK YOU Elnino !

Comment

• chrisis
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by AFye
                            I can take my car and drive it through a place with a lot of people at 100 mph and kill alot more than 26. Should we ban cars?
                            The primary purpose of a car is to travel. It has a valid purpose. The primary purpose of a gun is to kill. You cannot compare the two.

Shame on those who offer anything but sympathy for the victims. There are plenty of opportunities for political discussions; these people deserve some respect.

Comment

• elnino
                              • Sep 2012

i have no sympathy at all for the boy and his condition. i suffer from social anxiety and i know how frustrated and pent up anger you can have or blame on other people but to do something like this is probably his "vengeance" on what he hated about himself,his childhood, saw this smiling faces and realised he was never happy as a kid and how they "mistreated" him. to be satan himself and look at those innocent kids and pull the trigger is something he could not do. i just find it surreal how the human mind works sometimes.

Comment

Working...