I don't enjoy doing most things any more

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexPetra
    • Nov 2012

May I propose something else? Why don’t you wear some kind of hat? Something that looks really good on you, that matches with your style or maybe creates a new style for yourself. You are going to the gym, so results will be visible pretty soon. It sounds like a good opportunity to change also the way you dress. That way, girls will notice you! You know how much attention they pay to hip cloths...

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by AlexPetra
      May I propose something else? Why don’t you wear some kind of hat? Something that looks really good on you, that matches with your style or maybe creates a new style for yourself. You are going to the gym, so results will be visible pretty soon. It sounds like a good opportunity to change also the way you dress. That way, girls will notice you! You know how much attention they pay to hip cloths...
      Hats have precisely the same effects as concealers; they are a band-aid solution which will ultimately only hinder you, acting as a crutch.

Comment

• AFye
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by AlexPetra
        What happens when I take my hat off?

Comment

• Conpecia
          • Sep 2011

Don't worry dude, you are in a better place than most of us. I would trade places with you in a heartbeat with all these treatments in the pipeline. You'll spend a few years bald then get cured and have hair from probably 25 on (and that's a conservative guess, most likely 22 or so).

I know it sucks to be losing hair in your teens but as a 28-year-old people still tell me how jealous they are that I'm in my 20s, how young that is, how they wish they were my age again... You don't realize how long life is at your age. Chances are you're gonna have hair for the vast majority of your time on this planet.

For now just lift and stay focused on school and health. Be kind, humorous, confident. Think positive thoughts and don't waste your time or energy on negative thinking, self-criticism, or doubt. It takes time to develop good thinking habits but they pay dividends.

Grow a beard as soon as you can, and if you wear contacts ditch them in favor of glasses. That look always minimizes hair loss. Wear your remaining hair short.

I know tons of bald men who get attractive women in spite of their baldness. It's just confidence. If someone makes fun of their baldness they just laugh about it. That's the right approach. Again, think of it as a temporary thing. You will most likely not be bald when you're my age.

Comment

• AFye
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
            Don't worry dude, you are in a better place than most of us. I would trade places with you in a heartbeat with all these treatments in the pipeline. You'll spend a few years bald then get cured and have hair from probably 25 on (and that's a conservative guess, most likely 22 or so).

I know it sucks to be losing hair in your teens but as a 28-year-old people still tell me how jealous they are that I'm in my 20s, how young that is, how they wish they were my age again... You don't realize how long life is at your age. Chances are you're gonna have hair for the vast majority of your time on this planet.

For now just lift and stay focused on school and health. Be kind, humorous, confident. Think positive thoughts and don't waste your time or energy on negative thinking, self-criticism, or doubt. It takes time to develop good thinking habits but they pay dividends.

Grow a beard as soon as you can, and if you wear contacts ditch them in favor of glasses. That look always minimizes hair loss. Wear your remaining hair short.

I know tons of bald men who get attractive women in spite of their baldness. It's just confidence. If someone makes fun of their baldness they just laugh about it. That's the right approach. Again, think of it as a temporary thing. You will most likely not be bald when you're my age.
            I have alopecia and not MPB. I can't grow facial hair, even if I did it wouldn't look good. As far as their being a cure for MPB, I doubt. People always say 5 more years 5 more years but it never comes. I can't be kind generous and humorous when I'm depressed. I doubt I'll ever have hair again. I also don't know any of these bald men whom you are talking about. Most of the older bald men are overweight loser. I work at Subway and a lot of them come in to get food. Most of the time they are single with no females anywhere near them.

Comment

• Aames
              Inactive
              • Nov 2012

What are you doing to prevent your balding? I see lots of fairy tales of the mystical popular bald man but little in the way of real-world advice.

Comment

• ChrisM
                • Jun 2012

If you are that bothered by your baldness and transplants are out of the question and meds seem unrealistic for you then how about investing in a male wig that looks and is styled in the way your own hair was even down to the texture .. the only people who would know are your family, close friends and people at work and all they will care about is that the wig does not fall on their sandwiches while you are making them!

Comment

• BigThinker
                  • Oct 2012

I don't think any man wants to subject themselves to a wig. I'd rather be a smooth NW7 than be worried about a rug glued to my head in public. And, how are you supposed to get intimate with a chick you don't know that well with a wig on? IDK. I'm not dissing guys who do choose to do it, but it just simply doesn't seem like a viable option for me. I've seen many guys who are blatantly wearing wigs, and my stomach turns just as hard as it does when I see a dude NW7 with his horshoe pattern grown out. It just ain't a good look.

Comment

• Exodus
                    • Nov 2012

If I go full NW6-7, I want to look like this:

Comment

Working...