+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need honest opinions

Ok so normally I keep my hair kinda longer to try to hide my disfigurement.

When I started Minox + Niz I started to shed a bit, and had to rely on keeping my hair a bit shorter to try to hide it. I had a pretty good hair guy in California that worked well with me to make sure my head had the best appearance possible of having some hair.

I moved to Florida, and haven't found a guy yet. I decided to try to trim my own hair down, and messed up badly in the back so had to buzz it all.

Wanting to know if this works as a possible solution for long term if the Minox + Niz don't come through. I'm weighing the possibility of adding Fin. The 22nd of this month will be my 4th month trying to fix my hair. Seeing amazing results in the frontal part ( hairline almost completely back ), and in the middle it is making a difference... but in the back, where I thought it was suppose to excel, it is just giving me fuzz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0287.jpg

Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	18067   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0288.jpg

Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	18068  

Hi there,

Minox and nizoral are the least powerful in terms of preventing hair loss.

Finasteride is essentially the best weapon. It's the only treatment of the 3 that actually fights DHT.

Minoxidil is a regorwth agent not a DHT blocker - its just helping blood supply.
    Nizoral is the least effective of the 3 and in my experience simply keeps the scalp clean with actual very minor effects on attacking DHT.

Shedding on treatments is normal so ride it all out and gain control of where you are at.

Also consider adding Biotin and MSM into the mix just to help boost hair itself. ( it will not help against DHT )
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi there,

Minox and nizoral are the least powerful in terms of preventing hair loss.

Finasteride is essentially the best weapon. It's the only treatment of the 3 that actually fights DHT.

Minoxidil is a regorwth agent not a DHT blocker - its just helping blood supply.
    Nizoral is the least effective of the 3 and in my experience simply keeps the scalp clean with actual very minor effects on attacking DHT.

Shedding on treatments is normal so ride it all out and gain control of where you are at.

Also consider adding Biotin and MSM into the mix just to help boost hair itself. ( it will not help against DHT )
    I was taking Biotin regularly for a while, but wasn't sure if it was actually doing anything, so stopped for a bit to see what Rogaine was doing on its own. I'll restart it for sure and look more into Fin.

yes you can try finasteride, why not?
    hair cut is not bad looking, I think you pull it off but please wear a t-shirt you look like one of those guys in American History X just a friendly joke...

lol I just finished the buzz, had a shirt off so it was easy to get the hair off.

I'm going to try Fin for sure... now the next step seems to find a good place to buy it online.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin85 View Post
    lol I just finished the buzz, had a shirt off so it was easy to get the hair off.

I'm going to try Fin for sure... now the next step seems to find a good place to buy it online.
    You look like a Thug. lol

This is where I buy my FIN, pretty reliable but it takes up too 14 days for delivery.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-425-proscar-5mg.aspx

Your hairline looks to be intact. The treatments tend to work better for the crown and top of the head, which seems to be where you need the most help. By adding Finasteride to the fight I think you stand a good chance of seeing some improvement.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Your hairline looks to be intact. The treatments tend to work better for the crown and top of the head, which seems to be where you need the most help. By adding Finasteride to the fight I think you stand a good chance of seeing some improvement.
    Ya, my hairline was starting to go, right as I started Rogaine. It all pretty much came back right away. Ordering the Fin now. My problem area is right up the middle of crown. The Rogaine put fuzz everywhere, and hoping it all fills into real hair soon, but adding Fin seems like it might get me back to where I was when I had a full head of hair.

Attached is a pic from when I was 21, I'd love to get my hair back to that point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Me.jpg

Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	18079  

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    You look like a Thug. lol

This is where I buy my FIN, pretty reliable but it takes up too 14 days for delivery.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-425-proscar-5mg.aspx
    lol that was the first time in my life anyone ever said I look like a thug.

I just finished 8 years in the military, before being in the military I was working on my MCSE and MCSA to be a Network Administrator.

Now going to school for Criminal Justice. Deciding if I want to go back into the military as an officer, or try to get a job on the civilian side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin85 View Post
    lol that was the first time in my life anyone ever said I look like a thug.

I just finished 8 years in the military, before being in the military I was working on my MCSE and MCSA to be a Network Administrator.

Now going to school for Criminal Justice. Deciding if I want to go back into the military as an officer, or try to get a job on the civilian side.
    I wasn't trying to offend you, just that I have friends that where into gangs and they had similar futures. The way you have your mustache/beard and the tattoo on your chest lol

Nice, during your years in the military would you able to take rogaine, FIN, and etc?