+ Reply to Thread

Default Prediction Capabilities

How accurately (if any) can a dermatologist predict how you will react to fin? I know everyone says get lots of tests. Why and what do they do/predict? Thanks

Great question. I'm currently debating whether or not to start fin. I have some Proscar pills I got about a month ago, but I haven't started them yet. I'm very much looking forward to the responses.

Also, exactly which tests should be taken?

I'm not sure the likelihood of sides can be predicted without genetic testing, and maybe not even then with any certainty. Instead, you would probably get baseline levels of certain hormones tested and then periodically have their levels checked afterwards.

This website talks a bit about what they test for in regards to efficacy, based on genetic testing; [I'm in no way promoting their services: http://www.hairdx.com/en-us/

I could be wrong on this. Just my 2c - interested in what others say.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I'm not sure the likelihood of sides can be predicted without genetic testing, and maybe not even then with any certainty. Instead, you would probably get baseline levels of certain hormones tested and then periodically have their levels checked afterwards.

This website talks a bit about what they test for in regards to efficacy, based on genetic testing; [I'm in no way promoting their services: http://www.hairdx.com/en-us/

I could be wrong on this. Just my 2c - interested in what others say.
    The fact that so few people are answering this question leads me to believe tests can't really do all that much for you.

There is no way to know if you will get sides. It would be wise to get full panel blood + hormone tests and semen analysis as a baseline though. If you are able too, you could get tests done again while you are on the drug, and if you get off the drug. In the rare event you suffer persistent sides, these tests would help an endocrinologist/urologist in coming up with a treatment plan; but still, there is no guarantee you would get back to normal.