+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    The price is important. Not many people can afford £8000 per year for hst.

hst price is on par with FUE or even cheaper..

the problem with hst is that we haven seen single transformation yet,
    on top of that it can take you 5-7 years to see nw5-6 transform to nw1..

not many people have patience to wait that long...

unless gho increases number of grafts per session hst wont replace fue

does gho use beard hair as donor site? i ve been wondering on this

i ve been wondering that the reason there isnt yet a cure might be related to the lack of imperative for the current fue doctors to innovate their technique.

there is tons of money from patients pouring , why bother for sth satisfying also for the patients?

if hst leads to a drop in fue operations then those doctors could be urged to devise actually satisfying treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    The price is important. Not many people can afford £8000 per year for hst.

True.

I think most people sitting at nw2-3 would be fine doing 1200-1400 grafts every other year (my first procedure was 1405). Or maybe three consecutive years, with a large 2-3 year gap before procedure #4.

I was nw3, after my first procedure (and some topic for the crown), I'm at nw2ish. I think another procedure up front, and if my crown thins too much for topic, then another one in the back, and I'd be all set for a few years ---- depending on future rate of hair loss. So, that's $30,000usd over 4,5, or even 6 years.

I could use another 1400 up front at my one year point (late august), but I think I may hold off. I'm comfortable with where Im at-- and can't really afford to blow more money just yet. Maybe I'll get in there at the 2 year point, or 1 and half year point. We'll see.

It would be nice if it became cheaper, but Gho must be compensated for his research, rent must be paid, taxes, secretaries, tools created, web designers, utilities at all locations, other fees, and technicians deserve to be fairly compensated. In the end, it can only be so cheap.

anybody interested in HST, whom has a job and decent credit, I suggest you look into cosmetic surgery loans... currently you can get an interest rate close to 1% or less, if you pay it back in 24-36 months. That's $295usd a month for two years... well worth an HST.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    That's $295usd a month for two years... well worth an HST.[/B]
    Yeah, except those who share my experience aren't feeling very safely reassured that we'll get what we pay for, given the persistence of the detractors (both doctors and regular forum members) we bump into and all the of suspicion (Spencer?) towards the treatment. What stops us from getting it is fear and not necessarily bling.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    True.

I think most people sitting at nw2-3 would be fine doing 1200-1400 grafts every other year (my first procedure was 1405). Or maybe three consecutive years, with a large 2-3 year gap before procedure #4.

I was nw3, after my first procedure (and some topic for the crown), I'm at nw2ish. I think another procedure up front, and if my crown thins too much for topic, then another one in the back, and I'd be all set for a few years ---- depending on future rate of hair loss. So, that's $30,000usd over 4,5, or even 6 years.

I could use another 1400 up front at my one year point (late august), but I think I may hold off. I'm comfortable with where Im at-- and can't really afford to blow more money just yet. Maybe I'll get in there at the 2 year point, or 1 and half year point. We'll see.

It would be nice if it became cheaper, but Gho must be compensated for his research, rent must be paid, taxes, secretaries, tools created, web designers, utilities at all locations, other fees, and technicians deserve to be fairly compensated. In the end, it can only be so cheap.

anybody interested in HST, whom has a job and decent credit, I suggest you look into cosmetic surgery loans... currently you can get an interest rate close to 1% or less, if you pay it back in 24-36 months. That's $295usd a month for two years... well worth an HST.
    I just got a job offer that pays quite well which will allow me to have the necessary funds for a 2,400 graft procedure with Dr. Gho in about half a years time. I'm currently somewhere in between a NW2 and NW3 and unsure if I need that many grafts done in one shot. The other benefit is that I can opt for much less grafts and get the funds much quicker and get back to enjoying my looks and self esteem SIGNIFICANTLY faster. I think 1,200-1,400 grafts would be enough to cover my temples and lower the hairline a little bit. If I were to go past 1,400 grafts the remaining 1,000 would most likely be used to cover the crown where its thinned out.

I've measured my hairline and its about 27-28cm long. I'd like to lower my hairline by about 1cm and fill the temples. Since Gho's first procedure can only do about 30-35 grafts per square centimetre, 28cm/2 would require between 840-980 grafts and use the remaining 400-600 grafts for the temples.

I may opt for the first quick procedure first and find myself actually happy with my appearance in a VERY long time. I might even be happy enough to have my picture taken with friends...

'hairline and its about 27-28cm long'

thats sounds like a very long hairline, do you have big head or 28 cm is average length....

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    'hairline and its about 27-28cm long'

thats sounds like a very long hairline, do you have big head or 28 cm is average length....
    Well, take a piece of string and start from the left side of your head below one temple and go across the hairline all the way to the end on the other side. You have to take into account that a hairline when receded isnt straight across and curves into the 'M' pattern which gives extra length. I'm also starting and ending below the temples, measuring the ENTIRE length, not just from above the temple as a worst case scenario.

In any case, I'm optimistic about 2013 being a year of great change for me.

I know this is a dumb question, but I am new to the forum...what essentially is HST? Why is it the future of hair transplants?

Can HST in its current form and shape ever become new gold standard and replace fue/fut?