+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    I believe that the few vocal people on the internet who may or may not have real physical long lasting side effects from Propecia have unfairly tarnished a drug that has literally changed my life and and the lives a millions of men for the better. I also think it is unfair that we can't have one positive Propecia thread without it being jumped on by Chrisis or the likes. Chrisis you have plenty of anti-Propecia threads to post on, please post on those.

When I started Propecia I had absolutely no fear in taking it and I believe that is why I have done so very well on it. I have 4 close friends who began taking it within 5 years of me and this permanent impotence stuff was not on the internet yet and only one has had side effects and it was just watery seaman which he does no care about. He now have three healthy and happy children, by the way.

Propecia allowed me to move on with my life and now I am expecting my first child also, which I am very excited about. It gave me time to grow my life, meet my wife and live when I was young. I have lost hair over the years, but I am so happy I chose to take Propecia and will tell everyone who wants to know that it is a miracle drug.

I believe that these side effects are becoming much more prevalent because of a mass hysteria effect. I've been reading hair loss forums since about 2000 and I only began to see these crazy stories and hysterical talk relatively recently and most forum guys back then were taking it. It's really too bad for the younger guys who could save their hair and move on with their lives.

Please do not destroy this thread with a debate since I think it is crucial that we have a least one positive thread on the internet about Propecia!

By the way, The Examiner is not even a legitimate media outlet. Almost anyone can blog for it. It's laughable!

Zoa just curious but have you ever though that more side effects are appearing now because of the generation that's taking the drug? By this I mean that I think more young people are taking it because due to the internet's rapid growth in the past 10 years more young people are aware of the drugs existence, where as before you would have to find out via rare commercials, or your gp who would never recommend it to a 20 year old who is just loosing his hair, more likely to a 30 year old who is far along say NW3. I know lots of people on here had GPs tell them its natural for guys to loose hair or that they weren't really loosing hair just having their hairline mature so these posters took it into their own hands to get Propecia. This way there are more young people on the drug who are possibly more prone to side effects? Just something that passed through my head.

Been on Propecia for 5/6 months now, so far it's done what it states and halted hair loss. Maybe even slight regrowth, but....

I'm still not content. The prospect of taking a pill that alters my hormonal levels for an indefinite amount of time scares me. I've experienced reduced libido but still manage to get it up at least once a day. But more then anything it's the cognitive effects that worry me. I'm depressed, but how much of that is drug related compared to simply the exp. of hairloss? I certaintly won't be happy if I came off it. What about memory? Anxiety? Cognitive impairment? I don't know, whats normal? But the underlying paranoia will always remain.

I know the end game for me is shaving my hair and accepting baldness. (honestly dont see that happening in the near future) Only then can I move on with my life and not have this hang over me day in, day out. It's just building that courage, as I realise it'd take at least 2 points of my looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    Chrisis is one of the most moderate posters to have suffered some side effect from propecia and I'm taking the time to write this since his input has been the most valuable to me as I've browsed this forum trying to decide if I wanted to take propecia or not.
    Thanks for your support Cr779. You're the reason I continue to put my experience out there.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Thanks for your support Cr779. You're the reason I continue to put my experience out there.
    +1 its thanks to your posts chrisis that I haven't tried fin myself yet, I appreciate your input. I'm really tempted, but always think twice and refrain.

Thanks Jcm800.

JDuff, I bet my hair is fuller than yours and I'm just on minoxidil with a hair transplant which will improve my hairline further.
    Relax -- my reply wasn't directed at you or any particular person here, so I'm not quite sure why you're going after my post?

Anyhow, FDS (Finasteride Derangement Syndrome) is, however, in full effect here.

And your ale is tops ++.

Quote Originally Posted by JDuff View Post
    Relax -- my reply wasn't directed at you or any particular person here, so I'm not quite sure why you're going after my post?

Anyhow, FDS (Finasteride Derangement Syndrome) is, however, in full effect here.

And your ale is tops ++.
    JDuff, your non nonchalant dismissal of Propecia effects and how its victims act is why people target your post. I've seen a few of your other posts and you act the same way. When a dermatologist and a doctor at a free clinic I went to advised against Propecia due to growing concerns over the sides who are you to try to downplay them as nothing.

And guess what I didn't listen and went on the drug, and didn't have side effects on it. I'm off it now because I realize it was a bad choice. So it's not only those who are affected by Propecia or those who are too afraid(or rightly cautious) that speak out against the possible negatives of the drug.

Hell I had no sides on but I can tell you my body did some weird shit while I was quitting. Hormones do some weird things when you throw them out of balance. I still have some residual pelvic discomfort, but that should go away in another week or so.

JDuff, your non nonchalant dismissal of Propecia effects and how its victims act is why people target your post. I've seen a few of your other posts and you act the same way.
    You mean my watery jizz thread? Yeah that sucks, but I'm giving Fin the benefit of the doubt. So far that's the only side I see, and as far as I'm concerned, that's strictly an aesthetic issue. The work around to this "problem" should be fairly obvious -- shoot it somewhere it can't be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JDuff View Post
    You mean my watery jizz thread? Yeah that sucks, but I'm giving Fin the benefit of the doubt. So far that's the only side I see, and as far as I'm concerned, that's strictly an aesthetic issue. The work around to this "problem" should be fairly obvious -- shoot it somewhere it can't be seen.
    I was talking about the thread on the possible long term effects of Propecia, you said mockingly that you could grow a "vajayjay and become hitler". I assumed you were mocking people who talk of the negative things Propecia has done to them. If not I apologize, in fact I just double checked and it was Guygromes12 who was being more offensive, guess I mixed up which one of you said what. Sorry to jump to conclusions, there's just a lot of people who treat anyone who doesn't praise Propecia like they're idiots around here.

For me the worst thing about it was I lost 50% of my hair density after being on it for 1 year and it still is sheding like crazy