+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Chrisis what has fin done to you? (I don't mean to bring up bad thoughts/memories I just haven't heard your story) I am considering starting the drug and would like some more input.

Quote Originally Posted by typicallyconcerned View Post
    Chrisis what has fin done to you? (I don't mean to bring up bad thoughts/memories I just haven't heard your story) I am considering starting the drug and would like some more input.
    I don't know how that's possible, since apparently I can't stop talking about it

I started on finasteride earlier in 2012. I was optimistic about it, dismissed the chance of side effects as small. Within 2 months I experienced serious sexual dysfunction. The effects were not just psychological, but physical too. I didn't lose erections, but I did lose sensitivity and volume of semen reduced noticeably. It's been 7-8 months and I'm still suffering reduced libido, reduced sensitivity and reduced volume. I rage at those who suggest all of this is psychological and have to wonder if they have a vested interest in the drug.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Agreed. Particularly on your point about young men, how many young men participated in these trials? I'm convinced the vast majority will be 30s, 40s or older.

This means the safety of this drug for young men on the basis of these trials is not known. No one seems to identify this as a huge flaw.
    Yes Chris, it is of crucial importance to note the exclusion criteria in clinical trials! These were healthy men, the majority of which were well past the age in which DHT no longer aids in 'development' (early-mid20's).

Wow chris you made it sound like you grew a pair of breasts and an arm out of your ass. Its very possible its all mental, reduced sensitivity. To what? I get reduced sensitivity if i switch brands of condoms, or if i excersise consistently im more sesitive. If if i jerk it twice a day less volume. Way to over exagerate. Its like the people losing hair because their freaking out about losing hair. Way to post bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by guygroomes12 View Post
    Wow chris you made it sound like you grew a pair of breasts and an arm out of your ass. Its very possible its all mental, reduced sensitivity. To what? I get reduced sensitivity if i switch brands of condoms, or if i excersise consistently im more sesitive. If if i jerk it twice a day less volume. Way to over exagerate. Its like the people losing hair because their freaking out about losing hair. Way to post bullshit
    You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

You know what, it'll be the same Finasteride "skeptics"/internet hypochondriacs that will be posting here 2+ years from now as a NW 5/6, because they had a ball ache one night or watery jizz.

If you're not on Fin, you're going to loose your hair. Enjoy.

JDuff, I bet my hair is fuller than yours and I'm just on minoxidil with a hair transplant which will improve my hairline further.

Propecia is a drug that works by changing your hormonal system. If you seriously think that the numerous men coming forward reporting problems after taking the drug are skeptics or hypochondriacs, then I can't put into words the amount of contempt I have for you.

This is a drug, not candy. Get real and stop dismissing the legitimate and genuine problems that are being reported. You don't have the experience or qualification to speak with any authority and you potentially mislead other men into causing serious and permanent damage to their sexual health.

Quote Originally Posted by JDuff View Post
    You know what, it'll be the same Finasteride "skeptics"/internet hypochondriacs that will be posting here 2+ years from now as a NW 5/6, because they had a ball ache one night or watery jizz.
    If you understood the science of hairloss and human biology, you would accept the fact that it is pretty damn sad finasteride is what most balding men are forced to turn to...

Quote Originally Posted by JDuff View Post
    If you're not on Fin, you're going to loose your hair. Enjoy.
    If you were knowledgeable, resourceful, and took the time to educate yourself, you would realize this statement is false...

I think people clearly have an emotional response to this drug.

Those who have positive experiences tend to belittle side effects, even claim those who suffer are hypochondriacs and such.

Those who suffer are (understandably) likely to have quite a negative opinion.

A balanced opinion is somewhere in between. It's unquestionably a drug that can cause problems, but the risks must be weighed against the benefit of retaining hair.

JDuff what you're doing is the exact same as all the people who claim anti propecia people do when they "scare monger". Telling people they have nothing to worry about and that if you don't get on propecia right now that you will be bald and regret it is a horrible way to approach the drug. It's a drug that can have serious negative side effects, the FDA even requires them to warn for possible persisting ones now.

Guygroomest2012 how about you take 10 seconds before you post next time you come off as a self absorbed child. Take about 15 seconds and think how you would react if your sexual function started to act different. But of course, this is something that could and never would happen to you, lets just attack anyone who suggest such a thing. If you actually read around the forum forist before trash talking Chrisis you could follow his chain of thoughts, when he was getting on the drug and that it's clearly not in his head.

People like you give hairloss forums a bad name and cause anyone with questions or doubts about Propecia to have to go to sites like Propecia help in order to avoid being flamed, and then once someone approaches those sites they get branded a crazy person and shouldn't be taken seriously according to people like you.

Chrisis is one of the most moderate posters to have suffered some side effect from propecia and I'm taking the time to write this since his input has been the most valuable to me as I've browsed this forum trying to decide if I wanted to take propecia or not.