+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi mate,

With all due respect your hair loss is extensive. The treatment you are on witll do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in my honest opinion.

AHS should never have even taken your money, however ethics is not something they are well known for..

The next step is they will try sell you a rug. ( if not already)

Personally i would save your money mate and cease treatment their. You are too far gone.

If anything simply get Minox 5 % and roll with that in order to try help the miniaturising hair you still have left.

Sorry mate - im simply not trying to be cruel but kind!

Best
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 12-14-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I agree with Spex , you are a nw5/6 and the amount of miniaturised hairs you got there wont help get you decent coverage even if the stuff the give you work . You may get less balder but still BALD !!

Where as a HT will turn you into someone with hair . In my opinion around 5000-5500 grafts would give you a decent head of hair .
    What you are doing is false economy. Save your money and get yourself a mini HT (2500grafts etc) first ,you will feel ten times better than all this crap .

kushaldo,

Though I am actually a supporter of laser as an adjunct treatment for female hair loss, I am not so confident about men's hair loss. My younger brothers hair loss is like yours - maybe a little worse. He tried laser for six months and it did nothing for him. He has not tried any other treatments. He has decided to simply let nature take it's course. My younger brothers 19 year old son started generic Finasteride about six months ago. He is already showing improvement. My older brothers 21 year old son started Finasteride at the same time. He is also showing improvement already. Neither are experiencing any side effects at all from Finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    HT is a LAST resort. Take your time and see how you go.
    Absolutely! Take the time to try to stabilize it and grow back what you can if you can first. Then think about hair transplant surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    kushaldo,

Though I am actually a supporter of laser as an adjunct treatment for female hair loss, I am not so confident about men's hair loss. My younger brothers hair loss is like yours - maybe a little worse. He tried laser for six months and it did nothing for him. He has not tried any other treatments. He has decided to simply let nature take it's course. My younger brothers 19 year old son started generic Finasteride about six months ago. He is already showing improvement. My older brothers 21 year old son started Finasteride at the same time. He is also sowing improvement already. Neither are experiencing any side effects at all from Finasteride.

Absolutely! Take the time to try to stabilize it and grow back what you can if you can first. Then think about hair transplant surgery.
    Thanks for your response Tracy. Having paid for the treatment now, I will see it through and see if there is some if any benefit. Potentially i may just let nature takes its course if this doesnt work at HT is probably well out of my price limit.

My hairline has been stable for a long time now, with no further hair loss, and my father is the same. he has the same hair as me and has done for 20 odd years, with no signs of losing any more. So I guess its a case of trying to make whatever ive got left stronger?

Whats the difference between some Finasteride and Propecia, or is Propecia just the brand name?

Quote Originally Posted by kushaldo View Post
    Thanks for your response Tracy. Having paid for the treatment now, I will see it through and see if there is some if any benefit. Potentially i may just let nature takes its course if this doesnt work at HT is probably well out of my price limit.

My hairline has been stable for a long time now, with no further hair loss, and my father is the same. he has the same hair as me and has done for 20 odd years, with no signs of losing any more. So I guess its a case of trying to make whatever ive got left stronger?

Whats the difference between some Finasteride and Propecia, or is Propecia just the brand name?
    Your surmise is correct Propecia is the brand name given by Merck of Finasteride. I took a look at your photos and I think it is criminal that AHS took your money. You are unfortunately more leaning towards a NW6 in the scale of baldness as opposed to NW5. The best you can do is to maintain what you have with Minoxidil and Propeci and Nizoral and maybe you might potentially see gains in the crown and vertex of your hair.. it will be a gamble but it just might pay off if the odds work in your favor.

If you decide to look into HTs do your research carefully as this can be quite a process and a repeat process at that that will be on the upper scale of your wallet.

Thanks Chris. The "Might just pay off" approach is the one i was taking to be fair. I know my hairline at the front wont grow back. I accept that, its the crown where i was hoping for some gains. ill be honest at 2k its a gamble i felt was worth taking. okay i know it might be an expensive gamble and all that, but if it works great, if it doesnt, then well at least I still havent spent more money than i can afford at the moment.

Apologies if it sounds like i am brushing of some of your comments RE AHS, but having paid for it now, I see I have little other choice than to continue with it.

At very very least it has resolved dandruff/inflamation and spots.

Cant be too down beat about everything now can i?

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    You may get less balder but still BALD !!
    It is not necessarily a good thing to put it that way. A better bald is still better than balding badly - and every little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kushaldo View Post
    Apologies if it sounds like i am brushing of some of your comments RE AHS, but having paid for it now, I see I have little other choice than to continue with it.
    Since you have already paid up front - and if we can assume you cannot get your money back, you might as well stick with it the full time that you paid for. If you feel this treatment has helped you, then you know that you can treat your hair loss yourself - and likely for a whole lot less money. If you feel their laser has helped you, you can buy your own laser comb. If you think their tablets have helped you, you can buy a good quality Saw Palmetto complex at your local pharmacy. If you think their shampoo has helped you, you can buy good quality sulfate free shampoo at your local store. Rogaine/Regaine foam is also available at your local store. You do not need to pay so much money for such treatments.

One question I have for you though. In your first post you mentioned that you had electrolysis treatments. That statement puzzles me. Electrolysis does not repair hair follicles. Electrolysis kills hair follicles. Can you clarify?

Right, so my 3 month check up is on Saturday. This is apparently the time when i should start to see hair grow or at least start to grow- will give some feedback then and some photos.

made the decision to see it through anyway as ive paid for it. will let you all know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    kushaldo,

My younger brothers 19 year old son started generic Finasteride about six months ago. He is already showing improvement. My older brothers 21 year old son started Finasteride at the same time. He is also showing improvement already. Neither are experiencing any side effects at all from Finasteride.

Holy Cow! If your younger brother's son is 19 year old, then what is your age? 60? At that age, you must not be even worrying about your hair loss, Miss Tracy!