Threaded View

Default Interesting Minoxidil response

This probably isn't such a novel reaction to minoxidil, but it's kinda neat to see and thought I'd share. I started Rogaine on 10/17, applied mainly to the hairline. I'm a NW 1.5-2 and had a transplant to the hairline in late June. Since I've begun using the Rogaine, I've developed small hairs all along the hairline that stop at my furrowed brow--i.e., where my juvenile hairline used to be. The more interesting part is that towards the temples, the hairs thicken and lengthen, and actually provide a little coverage. It doesn't resemble terminal hair, of course, but it actually shades my temples a bit--they look like someone smudged dust on them, as the hairs are visible and the brown color covers the skin a little. And I'm positive that these hairs weren't there before, because I spent God knows how much time scrutinizing my hairline in advance of the transplant.

Maybe it's something, but it's probably nothing. At my luckiest, I could be one of the unusually good responders to minoxidil that actually experiences some regrowth. It's just kinda interesting to see.

Oh, and I started Propecia on 9/20, so maybe it's contributing something as well.