+ Reply to Thread

Default Interesting Minoxidil response

This probably isn't such a novel reaction to minoxidil, but it's kinda neat to see and thought I'd share. I started Rogaine on 10/17, applied mainly to the hairline. I'm a NW 1.5-2 and had a transplant to the hairline in late June. Since I've begun using the Rogaine, I've developed small hairs all along the hairline that stop at my furrowed brow--i.e., where my juvenile hairline used to be. The more interesting part is that towards the temples, the hairs thicken and lengthen, and actually provide a little coverage. It doesn't resemble terminal hair, of course, but it actually shades my temples a bit--they look like someone smudged dust on them, as the hairs are visible and the brown color covers the skin a little. And I'm positive that these hairs weren't there before, because I spent God knows how much time scrutinizing my hairline in advance of the transplant.

Maybe it's something, but it's probably nothing. At my luckiest, I could be one of the unusually good responders to minoxidil that actually experiences some regrowth. It's just kinda interesting to see.

Oh, and I started Propecia on 9/20, so maybe it's contributing something as well.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    I could be one of the unusually good responders to minoxidil that actually experiences some regrowth.
    It is not unusual to experience regrowth from using Minoxidil. Most males who use the medication as directed on their vertex will experience regrowth. It is those males who use it on their hair lines that rarely experience regrowth. If you are a male and you are able to regrow hair in your hair line, you are a very lucky man - because that is not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It is not unusual to experience regrowth from using Minoxidil. Most males who use the medication as directed on their vertex will experience regrowth. It is those males who use it on their hair lines that rarely experience regrowth. If you are a male and you are able to regrow hair in your hair line, you are a very lucky man - because that is not the norm.
    I started September 22nd, and my hairline is completely reconstructed. The vertex is still taking time to work itself out, but I notice it coming through.

My hairline though, is like night and day. My right temple use to be a bit higher than my left temple, and I could see them both fading before my eyes. Now they are back down to where I was when I was 21, and I'm about to turn 28.

So far more than happy with my results from just Rogaine and Nizoral.

I think by the time my 6 month supply is done, my vertex will be vastly improve. I have colorless fuzz that is starting to turn into real hair it seems like.... from a spot that was completely skin before.