+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finally, had it done.

Had my HT done, finally. I'd been considering having it for over a year -as some of you might remember- but was kinda torn between getting it done with my last doctor (dr. Wong) or going all the way to Gho -as I was concerned about depleting my donor- but opted for going back to dr. Wong and put my trust in him. I was really worried about this one (HT) because this was my 5th. That's right. My FIFTH, and was worried about my scalp laxity but it was no issue at all, especially that it was another small HT of only 750 grafts (all in the hair line, again) and everything went well. As a matter of fact, I'd say this time there's only very little pain/discomfort in the donor site and zero pain in the recepient and I'm just hoping there will be no problems of any kind in the next few days (not that I ever had any problems in the past). Most of all, I HOPE this HT will give me the hair line I had before that terrible inxplicable massive shed I had about two years ago that left my hair thinner all over and especially in the hair line and temples even after 4 previous HTs.

I'm a little mad at myself though because I think I should've done this long time ago instead of waiting all this time and feeling miserable and depressed about it. Now, I have to put a lot of things on hold, yet again, until my hair has grown out -another 4 months at least. I know 4 or 5 months isn't really a very long time but considering that I'd been throught this so many times and that every time I have to put things on hold it really gets hard.
    Anyway, I'm still happy I finally got it done and can't wait for the results and hopefully I don't lose any of my transplanted hairs in the future (my doctor suspects that I've lost some of my transplants over the years) and that's my only concern for the future.

I'm really happy with dr. Wong's work and happy with the deal I got this time (don't ask but I got a break on the price and he also removed an old scar from an HT done by another doctor at no extra charge).

So, to anyone who's considering an HT, don't put it off, especially if you're thinking a breakthrough in the hair loss treatment is just around the corner because again, I don't think there's one any time soon.

I dont have the balls to get even one HT.

Hopefully with five procedures you will be good as done , now just the long wait ! look forward to your updates , i found a little aloe vera on scalp helps with the healing

all the best

ejj

Thanks, ejj. Unfortunately, I'm not done. Reason is, all my previous HTs were done in the frontal part (hair line and temples...). So, anything higher up isn't done. Up to two years ago it was all thick and perfect but I had this damn shed that left everything thinner. It's still not bad if it remains like this but I know with time I'll keep losing more hair even though I use minox and Proscar. We don't know why but it seems I lose some of my transplants with time (a small minority of people do). This really sucks because with so many HTs even a completely bald head should be fixed but I'm not even half done (if my hair continues to get thinner on the rest of my head). This is no less than torture let alone the expense.

Thanks again.

Ravegrover, there's nothing to be scared of. I'd do this every day as long as I don't look bald. My greatest fear is to be bald. No pain is worse than the pain of being bald, at least to me.

i know what you mean , i have had nine procedures in total with a few more to go , hope to be finished in three more fingers crossed .

I used my beard hair the last three ops , i wonder if this could be an option for you ?
    Dr Bisanga and Dr Cole are pretty good at posting results of BHT , and from what i can see more and more Drs appear to be getting to grips with beard hair fue

anyway all the best and heal well

ejj

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Keep it that way man!

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Neither do I. I've made a conscious decision to shave my ugly shaped head instead of pursuing an HT, if and when I get to that point. To each their own, and maybe I will change my mind down the road.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    i know what you mean , i have had nine procedures in total with a few more to go , hope to be finished in three more fingers crossed .

I used my beard hair the last three ops , i wonder if this could be an option for you ?
    Dr Bisanga and Dr Cole are pretty good at posting results of BHT , and from what i can see more and more Drs appear to be getting to grips with beard hair fue

anyway all the best and heal well

ejj

Holy smoke! 9 procedures !!! And still even more to go? Wow man ! This must have taken a toll on you. I can only imagine the expense, especially when using beard hair. I hope I don't have to go through the same but god knows if it comes to being bald or getting 10 procedures I'd do 10 procedures, only thing is I don't know if I can come up with all the money to cover it but I know baldness is NOT an option for me, and obviously it isn't for you.

Hopefully I won't have to use beard hair because I have enough donor hair from what I've been told. I'm also considering dr. Gho in the future -assuming his method really does allow the hair to regenerate in the donor site.

I wish you the best of luck too.

I'm really happy with dr. Wong's work and happy with the deal I got this time (don't ask but I got a break on the price and he also removed an old scar from an HT done by another doctor at no extra charge).
    VictimOfDHT,

Sounds like you certainly went to a good doctor, I hope the best for you as well.

It will only be better than the last HT, now the damn waiting again....!

Have a great holiday season..best of luck with your procedure ...!

-Dale-

VictimOfDHT,
    What are you doing to protect yourself from future loss? Are you taking any meds, and if so how is that working out?