+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    VictimOfDHT,

Sounds like you certainly went to a good doctor, I hope the best for you as well.

It will only be better than the last HT, now the damn waiting again....!

Have a great holiday season..best of luck with your procedure ...!

-Dale-

Thank you, Dale. I appreciate that. Happy holiday to you too.
    I really like dr. Wong. This is my 3rd HT with him since '03 or '04 I think. He's friendly and helpful in addition to being a good HT doctor of course.
    I really really hope this is going to be it for the frontal part at least. I mean I've had 5 HTs -and one stupid little one of 300 grafts at Bosley's the crooks but I don't mention it much because of its size- so far all in the same area (frontal part) and unless I really am losing some of my transplanted hair this should give me a reasonable density. I still have to worry about the future of course with more hair loss (on the rest of my head) with time.

Yes, it's the waiting game again. In the past, because there was still a lot of native hair on my head I didn't really care much about the waiting. This time it's different with my hair thinner especially in the front. I am hoping for the best because I know I'll be totally devastated if more thinning occurs in the front because that will definitely mean I am losing transplanted hairs.

d2001, Yes. Ive been using Fin and Minox for over 13 years if not more. I feel Minox is what's helping slow down the loss but I don't think Fin is doing much. Like many users, drugs only seem to slow things down but not completely halt the process of losing hair. I was doing pretty good (except thinning in the front) but two years ago I had this big shed that left my hair thin all over. Never had anything like it. I believe -actually 99% sure- it was caused when I switched to some snake oil product on ebay that claimed to have 15% minox (Dualgen 15%). Big mistake because I'd been doing good Kirkland and Rogaine but wanted to try the 15%.
    My hair since then isn't near as what it used to be prior to that shed but I still have decent coverage but I PRAY AND HOPE it won't get any worse.
    So yeah, I am using Rogaine and Fin.

BTW, I'm wondering if there's something I can use to help the donor site heal better and faster. I hear about Aloe vera being a good thing to use and I'm just wondering if there's a particular form/kind/brand of it that I need to use.

Would it be a good idea to use Neosporin (here in canada it's called Polysporin) on the wound? It claims it heals cuts faster and better.

VitimofDHT,

Can you explain why so many? Even with Dr. WONG why have you had some many HTs and not just had one or two of their large mega sessions?

How many grafts are you getting done in each one?

Because I started getting HTs when I still had a lot of native hair. I was far from bald. I Was only doing around 800 grafts each time except one time when I had 1700. Did those HTs over the span of 13 years or so. The other thing, I might be one of the very few people who seem to lose some of their transplanted hair with time but neither I nor my doctor is 100% sure but I know my hair keeps getting thinner every couple of years or so but it could be that I'm just losing native hair (in the recipient site) and not the transplanted hair.

Wouldn't it be better, albeit more expensive to have HST with Dr Gho? Thats what I am planning on... or are you a non believer in Gho? Regardless, congrats on your procedure!

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Wouldn't it be better, albeit more expensive to have HST with Dr Gho? Thats what I am planning on... or are you a non believer in Gho? Regardless, congrats on your procedure!

If you read the begining of my thread you'd know that for my last HT I was torn between going to Gho or going back to my doctor. I only came to know about Gho like a year ago. But yeah, the expense and all the trouble involved (travel, time, and all the extra expenses) made me decide against it. If he had a clinic close to here I probably would've gone to him. Since my doctor is in my back yard, and the expense was less than 30% of what I would've spent had I gone to Gho, it was more sensible for me to go back to my doctor. Buy I am considering Gho for the future because I'm really worried about my donor reserve.

VictimOfDHT have you documented these HT's with photos over the years? obviously this most recent one wont be ready to be photographed yet but could you maybe post your previous ht's?

I think if and when I go down the transplant route then Dr Wong would be my first choice, hes one of the best in my opinion, good luck with you recent procedure, fingers crossed you get the result you want from it.

No. I never took any pics myself. The doctor has some in his file and they did take a few more this time too. The thing is, in my case there was never a dramatic change. Like I said, I started the HT process way too early when I still had a lot of native hair but I was too scared of going bald that the minute I'd lose some hair I'd go and get another HT. So, I was never slick bald. The other thing, my existing hair makes it hard to see the transplants (they only shaved the recipient site one time and it was because it was a bigger HT of 1700 grafts but the rest of the times didn't shave it because they were smaller HTs).

Thanks for wishing me good luck. I really really really hope I'm not going to lose any transplanted hair. I'm scared to death of that. It's another reason why I don't want to take pics because if I take pics and later see no hair where they put hair, then that would mean I am indeed losing those transplants.

Yes. If you ever decide to do an HT I think you won't go wrong if you choose dr. Wong. I've dealt with 4 different clinics and I found him to be the BEST and the most professional. And he was the only one not to leave a wide noticeable scar.

Good luck with whatever path you decide to take.