+ Reply to Thread

Default Getting concerned now

I had my FUE on 30 September 2012. I am now 10 weeks in. I am now getting concerned. Although I have had some hair growth, it is so minor, that it would seem better to shave it off. I would just call it fluff rather than any hair or thickness. I know they say that you have to give it up to a year. I had more hair when they first implanted it in.

I am now getting a bit concerned. I have intentionally avoided coming back on to this forum as I know I will just think about it and get concerned. So for the past 8 weeks or so, I have kept very busy and I have hardly thought about it, apart from occasions when I had to look in the mirror.

I know what everyone will say. You have to wait. But it's nearly 3 months. I expected a bit more than this by now. By the way, I had 3,400 grafts done.

Would like to hear from anyone with any comments or feedback.

Thanks.

post sum pics.

3 months is well early for anything , give it at least 4-5 months even than people are all different . I have seen people unhappy about the results up until the 10th month and happy from there on .

cheer up

Hey John.

Yes. Please post photos so we can see whats going on for you. I just had my first procedure 4 weeks ago.

What i have read is its very common for it to take a good 8 months for all the hair to grow in.

Hi Guys, firstly I have to say a thank you some of many good members on this forum who have shown support and understanding. It is appreciated.

Secondly, please do not take offense to this, but I am not going post pictures on a public form. I am a very private person in every way. This does not mean I am shy. I am confident and run my own businesses. Even if I became a millionaire tomorrow, I would pay not be famous. So, I would rather, not post pictures. I will wait and see. I hope all the above makes sense to you all.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    I had my FUE on 30 September 2012. I am now 10 weeks in. I am now getting concerned. Although I have had some hair growth, it is so minor, that it would seem better to shave it off. I would just call it fluff rather than any hair or thickness. I know they say that you have to give it up to a year. I had more hair when they first implanted it in.

I am now getting a bit concerned. I have intentionally avoided coming back on to this forum as I know I will just think about it and get concerned. So for the past 8 weeks or so, I have kept very busy and I have hardly thought about it, apart from occasions when I had to look in the mirror.

I know what everyone will say. You have to wait. But it's nearly 3 months. I expected a bit more than this by now. By the way, I had 3,400 grafts done.

Would like to hear from anyone with any comments or feedback.

Thanks.
    thats the way it starts off mate real tin hair then gets thicker from my experience from my 1st hair transplant and thats the way they told me they to.

3 months is roughly when the grafts begin to grow (emphasis on begin), meaning that even by that time the change isn't normally very drastic. You're really only at about 2.5 months so I wouldn't expect you to see much yet.

It's a waiting game and you already have the first couple of months (which are the worst months) behind you.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello Thinking' The advice that you have received here are very solid facts. Hang in there. Vinny has also had work done RECENTLY so he knows what he is talking about. Your going through the 'Post-Op Blues' which is normal for many patients after a HT. Vinny, Spex , Matt and a host of other members here can attest to that. No worries about not providing us with photos either.
    It is Understood!!
    Good luck to you..

By the way, what Norwood scale were you prior to your 3,400 graft HT and what type was it, an FUT For an FUE? Also which doctor did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Hi Guys, firstly I have to say a thank you some of many good members on this forum who have shown support and understanding. It is appreciated.

Secondly, please do not take offense to this, but I am not going post pictures on a public form. I am a very private person in every way. This does not mean I am shy. I am confident and run my own businesses. Even if I became a millionaire tomorrow, I would pay not be famous. So, I would rather, not post pictures. I will wait and see. I hope all the above makes sense to you all.
    Whether you post pics or not, we all wish you the best thinking and you are right at the threshold of seeing lots of new growth!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin