+ Reply to Thread
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default Dr Cole and the use of Acell

On Spencer's show last night, 12/11/2012, I started a brief discussion on the chat board regarding Dr. Cole and his use of Acell.
    Ive been following the use of Acell long before it was considered for hair.
    I have educated myself on Acell , its formulation, research and in part, created by Dr. Alan Spievack (RIP-2008).
    Thanks to Joe, he brought up this topic to Spencer on the show.
    Hopefully Spencer will have him on air to discuss further what has been happening at his clinic.
    I think that there are a lot of misconceptions currently on the use of Acell for hair. Applying Acell to the scalp in various ways is relatively still a new treatment. In other words, it is STILL in a trial and error phase of use.
    Dr Cole has clearly updated us on his use of Acell to donor hair areas of the scalp and he certainly is outspoken. That is not necessarily a bad thing at all. By the way, I dont feel he was criticizing Histogen at the ISHRS conference but asking obvious questions that needed to be asked related to Histogen's results thus far.
    In this video you will hear his concise explanation on what has been happening with his use of Acell. It sounds great to me.
    What could be possible? Another way to have unlimited donor hair.
    Dr Cole is impressive. His current regrowth results sound very very promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=khVm4wSpzjo
    Thank you Spencer for considering having Dr Cole on the air.
    Thank you Joe for bringing it up.

Wow, that was really great. Sound promising

Yes I agree Wiffle. i have already messaged Dr Cole's clinic on their website.
    I may be going for consultation there in Atlanta, Georgia once i hear back from them.

Joe, have you reviewed this site and the videos? I know you dont usually post on the forums, could you add to this at all? After-all you do a lot of research yourself.

I know Dr. Cole is in the IAHRS and all, but there is something that just does not sit right with that video and some other things he does online. Personally I don't not put much faith in follicle regeneration using ACell and I really hope that this is not just another way to get people interested in his clinic. With that said, he is obviously a fantastic hair transplant surgeon, so going to him can only benefit someone but something is just odd about all of the different positions he takes and the way he writes on the forum sometimes. Maybe it's just me.

I think Rassman did an in-house study regarding ACell donor regeneration (the "plucking" method) and it was a total bust.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    I think Rassman did an in-house study regarding ACell donor regeneration (the "plucking" method) and it was a total bust.
    Regenerative medicine does sound a bit like time travel or teleportation. I have had several private conversations with Dr. Cole about this. He finds it hard to believe himself. The reality is, doctors in other fields of medicine are having regenerative successes. The FDA approved ACell as a regenerative product.

The following video provides examples of current regenerative efforts and successes in other fields of medicine. If you can regrow the end of a finger, nail and all, why not a hair follicle? We're seeing that happen.
    Check out this video.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office

I have yet to hear back from Dr Cole's clinic, which is Ok. I'm sure that the main reason would be that they are swamped with patients.
    Just to add, Acell is an amazing medical breakthrough. Its application to hair is relatively NEW. Give it time. I feel that Dr Cole may have the medical fortitude to improve upon the application to the donor areas. This will be discussed once he is on Spencer's live show.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I have yet to hear back from Dr Cole's clinic, which is Ok. I'm sure that the main reason would be that they are swamped with patients.
    Just to add, Acell is an amazing medical breakthrough. Its application to hair is relatively NEW. Give it time. I feel that Dr Cole may have the medical fortitude to improve upon the application to the donor areas. This will be discussed once he is on Spencer's live show.
    Artista:

Please call us at 678-566-1011. We are in the Eastern US Time Zone.

- 35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office

Hello 35' I will do later in the afternoon ,,thank you. I look forward to speaking with you.