+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    I'm 18 and balding, around a NW3. Started when I was 16. Hasn't stopped girls from talking to me, and I'm not that great looking either (though I am 6'1") Quit being a baby, buzz your head, and get on with your life.
    Unlike you, I have completely no hair on my head. I seriously doubt you are anywhere near NW3 as Highlander said. Most people don't notice NW2-NW 2.5. Some people don't even notice NW3 My bald head is completely visable to EVERYONE. Those girls who are approaching you can't tell you are even balding. Balding completely bald are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by AFye View Post
    Unlike you, I have completely no hair on my head. I seriously doubt you are anywhere near NW3 as Highlander said. Most people don't notice NW2-NW 2.5. Some people don't even notice NW3 My bald head is completely visable to EVERYONE. Those girls who are approaching you can't tell you are even balding. Balding completely bald are two different things.
    You've done it. While I understand your perception and perspective, you've done it. You're becoming a Mini Highlander! ****. Try not to.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    You've done it. While I understand your perception and perspective, you've done it. You're becoming a Mini Highlander! ****. Try not to.

Cheers.
    I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

So Afye.. you have a form of Alopecia Totalis or Universalis which is quite different than Androgenetic Alopecia.. do you have any eyebrow hair left ? What process have you been looking into to combat this issue you are struggling with ? A hair transplant ? Because from what you describe you are way past any topical or androgn blocker. That might take well over 15,000 grafts easily just for partial coverage and that is if you have any donor hairs from a beard or chest hair or leg hair to take from and that is assuming you have that to work with.

Unfortunately, hair translation is not a option for people who have this type of Alopecia. Basically, it's an autoimmune response where your body rejects your hair as being a foreign body. So any hair that might be transplanted is still susceptible to being rejected by the body. It can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    So Afye.. you have a form of Alopecia Totalis or Universalis which is quite different than Androgenetic Alopecia.. do you have any eyebrow hair left ? What process have you been looking into to combat this issue you are struggling with ? A hair transplant ? Because from what you describe you are way past any topical or androgn blocker. That might take well over 15,000 grafts easily just for partial coverage and that is if you have any donor hairs from a beard or chest hair or leg hair to take from and that is assuming you have that to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Unfortunately, hair translation is not a option for people who have this type of Alopecia. Basically, it's an autoimmune response where your body rejects your hair as being a foreign body. So any hair that might be transplanted is still susceptible to being rejected by the body. It can't be done.
    Wow. Yeah.. that is really messed up. Thanks for that information man I appreciate learning something new.

Like Al Pacino said in Scarface, 'first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women'

Doesn't mention hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Like Al Pacino said in Scarface, 'first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women'

Doesn't mention hair!
    Yeah! If it were as easy as 1 2 3 every body would do that and voila, problem solved and no need to worry....ever. Of course, you KNOW that's not the case.

Tell me when you have your first 5 million $.

The other thing, obviously hair loss isn't affecting you like it does other people. Just in case you don't know, some people out there with hair loss have their whole lives ruined and they become recluses living their lives invisible (cant' go anywhere in life). I don't want to hear preaching here but IT'S JUST A FACT AND I'M JUST TELLING IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post

Doesn't mention hair!
    Well, I'm going to play devil's advocate to these other guys who quoted you. I definitely feel like making money and achieving a desirable status/identity boosts your ability to get women, especially as we age. Now that I'm in grad school, I'm finding women much more laid back, interested in conversation, and less superficial implicitly (obviously, they aren't outwardly saying any of these things.) I'm not saying looks don't matter, just mildly less so. Also, at 24 more of my peers are balding than at 18-22 (undergrad). It's definitely still frustrating to have thin, wispy bangs though.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I'll go ahead and try to be successful and see what type of women (plural ) that lands me after the hair is no more.

Regards, chum.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Yeah! If it were as easy as 1 2 3 every body would do that and voila, problem solved and no need to worry....ever. Of course, you KNOW that's not the case.

Tell me when you have your first 5 million $.

The other thing, obviously hair loss isn't affecting you like it does other people. Just in case you don't know, some people out there with hair loss have their whole lives ruined and they become recluses living their lives invisible (cant' go anywhere in life). I don't want to hear preaching here but IT'S JUST A FACT AND I'M JUST TELLING IT.
    Again being a recluse is by choice.. individual choice. I am confident in my ability to attract women with or without hair.. when its dark and the lights are out in the bedroom and you are making love to your woman she does not give a shit about your hair.. what she cares about is that you satisfy her and give her an orgasm and more importantly that you love her and hold her tight.

Does a women care about your hair more than say hers.. not only no.. but hell no.. so keep things in perspective. Your personal view of yourself controls how you act and appear to others to an extent. If you are self conscious all the time it is going to show. If you are a wallflower and an introvert it is going to show and people are not going to approach. Just today I was flirted with by a beautiful blonde at work.. I am not going to mix business with pleasure so dictated by professional boundaries no matter how flattering that was but still I have a NW5 dude but I work out and look tall and muscular as opposed a guy that has hair but is a flabby mess that not even dark flowing hair or the best kind is going to make a woman overlook but again we are talking superficial here. Many woman look at the content of what a man is saying and how he carries himself in addition to looks. You can look like a 10 but if you have the mannerisms and behavior of a dumbass her attention will leave you fast.