Is this all getting a little too serious?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wiffle
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by AFye
    If you think being bald at 17 is not stopping me from getting girls you need to get help. Status and popularity in high school is determined by how you look and not being socially retarded. Mostly by how you look. I've already told you how much I've lowered my standards.
    You're simply wrong. It's precisely your perceptions and habits of thought that are holding you back.

However, if you want to keep believing all that - if it helps you somehow to cope, carry on sir.

Good luck!

Comment

• AFye
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Wiffle
      You're simply wrong. It's precisely your perceptions and habits of thought that are holding you back.

However, if you want to keep believing all that - if it helps you somehow to cope, carry on sir.

Good luck!

I see now that you are one of those delusional people. You would tell someone with a disfigured face from a car accident the reason they can't find someone to date is because they have a bad personality and they aren't nice enough to people.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
        • Dec 2008

This is a very important thread, especially for the young guys and I hope people will start more like this. We all suffer from the same problem, but we also have other issues independent of hair loss that effect how we deal with our hair loss.

I wish I was better looking and had more hair, but I really don't let it interfere with my life so much and always enjoyed a great social life and have dated great looking women. I like this forum and the show because for the most part, they help to put things into perspective. there are the nut jobs like highlander (ultra extreme case) and then people like Chtis M, Wiffle, TracyC, Spex and many others who give very good advice and perspective.

You young guys should listen to the more mature people here and never let the Highalnders of the world get into your heads. He's a very disturbed, irrational kid who is in need of serious help.

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

In my experience, hair is less important at 24 than it was at age 17-18 (highschool). Highschoolers are superficial and, as AFye said, no one has had an opportunity to establish a status outside of athletics and aesthetics really. By 24, you can be wrapping up graduate school and pursuing a career, or progressing in med school, or establishing a "status"/identify/career in some other way.

I don't care how superficial or sleazy it sounds, but money and status matter to women, and ultimately me because of that. If you want to be picky about women, you will definitely benefit from having established one or both of those (at least in your mid 20's). That's why I would suggest a balding teenager to get fit and on getting ahead academically and professionally. You only live once, may as well make the best of it.

Comment

• TheLaughingCow
            • Nov 2012

If you think being bald at 17 is not stopping me from getting girls you need to get help. Status and popularity in high school is determined by how you look and not being socially retarded. Mostly by how you look. I've already told you how much I've lowered my standards.
            I'm 18 and balding, around a NW3. Started when I was 16. Hasn't stopped girls from talking to me, and I'm not that great looking either (though I am 6'1") Quit being a baby, buzz your head, and get on with your life.

Comment

• AFye
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by TheLaughingCow
              I'm 18 and balding, around a NW3. Started when I was 16. Hasn't stopped girls from talking to me, and I'm not that great looking either (though I am 6'1") Quit being a baby, buzz your head, and get on with your life.
              Unlike you, I have completely no hair on my head. I seriously doubt you are anywhere near NW3 as Highlander said. Most people don't notice NW2-NW 2.5. Some people don't even notice NW3 My bald head is completely visable to EVERYONE. Those girls who are approaching you can't tell you are even balding. Balding completely bald are two different things.

Comment

• clandestine
                • Aug 2011

Unlike you, I have completely no hair on my head. I seriously doubt you are anywhere near NW3 as Highlander said. Most people don't notice NW2-NW 2.5. Some people don't even notice NW3 My bald head is completely visable to EVERYONE. Those girls who are approaching you can't tell you are even balding. Balding completely bald are two different things.
                You've done it. While I understand your perception and perspective, you've done it. You're becoming a Mini Highlander! ****. Try not to.

Cheers.

Comment

• AFye
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
                  You've done it. While I understand your perception and perspective, you've done it. You're becoming a Mini Highlander! ****. Try not to.

Cheers.
                  I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

Comment

• ChrisM
                    • Jun 2012

So Afye.. you have a form of Alopecia Totalis or Universalis which is quite different than Androgenetic Alopecia.. do you have any eyebrow hair left ? What process have you been looking into to combat this issue you are struggling with ? A hair transplant ? Because from what you describe you are way past any topical or androgn blocker. That might take well over 15,000 grafts easily just for partial coverage and that is if you have any donor hairs from a beard or chest hair or leg hair to take from and that is assuming you have that to work with.

Comment

• amadeus
                      • Dec 2008

Unfortunately, hair translation is not a option for people who have this type of Alopecia. Basically, it's an autoimmune response where your body rejects your hair as being a foreign body. So any hair that might be transplanted is still susceptible to being rejected by the body. It can't be done.

Originally posted by ChrisM
                      So Afye.. you have a form of Alopecia Totalis or Universalis which is quite different than Androgenetic Alopecia.. do you have any eyebrow hair left ? What process have you been looking into to combat this issue you are struggling with ? A hair transplant ? Because from what you describe you are way past any topical or androgn blocker. That might take well over 15,000 grafts easily just for partial coverage and that is if you have any donor hairs from a beard or chest hair or leg hair to take from and that is assuming you have that to work with.

Comment

• ChrisM
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by amadeus
                        Unfortunately, hair translation is not a option for people who have this type of Alopecia. Basically, it's an autoimmune response where your body rejects your hair as being a foreign body. So any hair that might be transplanted is still susceptible to being rejected by the body. It can't be done.
                        Wow. Yeah.. that is really messed up. Thanks for that information man I appreciate learning something new.

Comment

• Dan26
                          • Jul 2012

Like Al Pacino said in Scarface, 'first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women'

Doesn't mention hair!

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
                            Like Al Pacino said in Scarface, 'first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women'

Doesn't mention hair!
                            Yeah! If it were as easy as 1 2 3 every body would do that and voila, problem solved and no need to worry....ever. Of course, you KNOW that's not the case.

Tell me when you have your first 5 million $.

The other thing, obviously hair loss isn't affecting you like it does other people. Just in case you don't know, some people out there with hair loss have their whole lives ruined and they become recluses living their lives invisible (cant' go anywhere in life). I don't want to hear preaching here but IT'S JUST A FACT AND I'M JUST TELLING IT.

Comment

• BigThinker
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dan26

Doesn't mention hair!
                              Well, I'm going to play devil's advocate to these other guys who quoted you. I definitely feel like making money and achieving a desirable status/identity boosts your ability to get women, especially as we age. Now that I'm in grad school, I'm finding women much more laid back, interested in conversation, and less superficial implicitly (obviously, they aren't outwardly saying any of these things.) I'm not saying looks don't matter, just mildly less so. Also, at 24 more of my peers are balding than at 18-22 (undergrad). It's definitely still frustrating to have thin, wispy bangs though.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I'll go ahead and try to be successful and see what type of women (plural ) that lands me after the hair is no more.

Regards, chum.

Comment

• ChrisM
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
                                Yeah! If it were as easy as 1 2 3 every body would do that and voila, problem solved and no need to worry....ever. Of course, you KNOW that's not the case.

Tell me when you have your first 5 million $.

The other thing, obviously hair loss isn't affecting you like it does other people. Just in case you don't know, some people out there with hair loss have their whole lives ruined and they become recluses living their lives invisible (cant' go anywhere in life). I don't want to hear preaching here but IT'S JUST A FACT AND I'M JUST TELLING IT.
                                Again being a recluse is by choice.. individual choice. I am confident in my ability to attract women with or without hair.. when its dark and the lights are out in the bedroom and you are making love to your woman she does not give a shit about your hair.. what she cares about is that you satisfy her and give her an orgasm and more importantly that you love her and hold her tight.

Does a women care about your hair more than say hers.. not only no.. but hell no.. so keep things in perspective. Your personal view of yourself controls how you act and appear to others to an extent. If you are self conscious all the time it is going to show. If you are a wallflower and an introvert it is going to show and people are not going to approach. Just today I was flirted with by a beautiful blonde at work.. I am not going to mix business with pleasure so dictated by professional boundaries no matter how flattering that was but still I have a NW5 dude but I work out and look tall and muscular as opposed a guy that has hair but is a flabby mess that not even dark flowing hair or the best kind is going to make a woman overlook but again we are talking superficial here. Many woman look at the content of what a man is saying and how he carries himself in addition to looks. You can look like a 10 but if you have the mannerisms and behavior of a dumbass her attention will leave you fast.

Comment

Working...