+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Is this all getting a little too serious?

I have spent some more time now looking around the forums, I've noticed I am definitely not the only one with paranoia about the side effects of using fin. Also many people seem to be really REALLY worried about being a NW2/3.

On closer inspection I would say there is not a picture of my head on the norwood scale. I'm like a NW5 but with no loss on the crown (tis thinning now though). Looking back at photos from when I was 18-22 I was at a constant NW2/3. I didn't even realise or even consider that there was a problem with my hairline back then, I stand a proud 5ft4 so its not like people couldn't see (and I never had trouble with the ladies). Reading all the posts where people think their lives are over after hitting NW3 has really cheered me up. I am edging more towards avoiding treatements altogether, strimming it really short and working on styling a fantastic beard - thats clearly where all the hair has ended up.

I am in full agreement with you. I never thought my life was over due to hair loss.. I am an advanced NW5 with hair loss on the vertex and crown most of the hair there is miniaturized and sparse but making a comeback. Even being bald I was far more successful with the ladies than I was when I had hair but back then in my late teens and early twenties I was socially awkward and did not have any confidence in speaking to women and my dating pool was fairly small to not existent fast forward to my thirties and now I am 41 years old.. I am dating all over the place my confidence and my mannerisms changed for the better. I got buff and athletic and ditched the Clark Kent coke bottle glasses and my skin improved with zero blackheads and acne and pimples and I became successful and independet careerwise. Things I never had in place when I had a full head of hair on my head.

Bravo

I hope some of the younger guys are reading these posts.

Its post's like these we need more of. Im 22, diffuse thinner on vertex and crown. Im considering Fin, but again...the sides. Part of me just wants to shave, tone and move on. I think thats the logical course anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by harrison1986 View Post
    I have spent some more time now looking around the forums, I've noticed I am definitely not the only one with paranoia about the side effects of using fin. Also many people seem to be really REALLY worried about being a NW2/3.

On closer inspection I would say there is not a picture of my head on the norwood scale. I'm like a NW5 but with no loss on the crown (tis thinning now though). Looking back at photos from when I was 18-22 I was at a constant NW2/3. I didn't even realise or even consider that there was a problem with my hairline back then, I stand a proud 5ft4 so its not like people couldn't see (and I never had trouble with the ladies). Reading all the posts where people think their lives are over after hitting NW3 has really cheered me up. I am edging more towards avoiding treatements altogether, strimming it really short and working on styling a fantastic beard - thats clearly where all the hair has ended up.
    how old are you? At 5'4 I have a hard time believing you had no problem with the ladies. If the ladies were below average it doesn't even count. Most girls I know go crazy over a 6 foot + guy with lots of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by AFye View Post
    how old are you? At 5'4 I have a hard time believing you had no problem with the ladies.
    Maybe it's time to reconsider your beliefs about such things?

If the ladies were below average it doesn't even count.
    LOL! Wow.

Most girls I know go crazy over a 6 foot + guy with lots of hair.
    You need to get out more and challenge those stereotypes you have in your head, nursed no doubt by popular culture/tv. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Its post's like these we need more of. Im 22, diffuse thinner on vertex and crown. Im considering Fin, but again...the sides. Part of me just wants to shave, tone and move on. I think thats the logical course anyway.
    It is - and the confidence you evidence here^ will attract women far more than a head of hair will.

Great post.

Yes, people do take this hair loss thing too seriously.. Unfortunately, us younger dudes are babied too much early, and forget how good we have it just to walk this earth. This site continues to put things in perspective for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AFye View Post
    how old are you? At 5'4 I have a hard time believing you had no problem with the ladies. If the ladies were below average it doesn't even count. Most girls I know go crazy over a 6 foot + guy with lots of hair.
    I'm 26 now and of course they do - there is a difference between not having trouble and having them swarm around you :P. The only thing I had trouble with was dating tall girls - I only remember dating 2 girls taller than me. But little girls can be hot! (and they were ). I know tall hairy guys that are terrible with women because they are just shy. I think The hold steady put it best - "guys go for looks, girls go for status".

Quote Originally Posted by Wiffle View Post

You need to get out more and challenge those stereotypes you have in your head, nursed no doubt by popular culture/tv. lol.
    Those aren't the stereotypes I see in my head. I see these things in real life.