+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Minoxidil and Propecia have finally paid off for me!

In the morning a co-worker noticed my hair and commented on it saying its changed in some way and earlier this morning I looked in the mirror and I got an early Christmas gift. I can see my hairline again and it is filling in along with the vertex and the crown of my hair.. the vellus hairs are darkening and becoming more prominent and the bald spot is shrinking as the side of my hair are growing and closing it off. And this is six months in.. I can hardly wait to see what another 6 months does!! Patience and perseverance for the small gains it what is important here.. if you set your vision too high you will be disappointed almost certainly.

congratulations ChrisM, I'm glad that minox and propecia worked well for you.

Question- What NW are you?

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    congratulations ChrisM, I'm glad that minox and propecia worked well for you.

Question- What NW are you?

NW5a on the charts with diffuse thinning as the hairline had vanished previously.. balding at the crown and vertex with miniaturized hairs all over the crown and the vertex region that are gradually thickening due to the regimen I am using of Nizoral, Propecia and Minoxidil.

Thanks for the reply, glad to see the BIG 3 is working well on you. Just wish it will thicken my hair on the temples area but CHEERS friend!

Thanks for the reply, glad to see the BIG 3 is working well on you. Just wish it will thicken my hair on the temples area but CHEERS friend!
    I am going to give you a tip and maybe it might work for you for increased coverage. What I did that showed me improvement was before I added minox during the day and the evening is I would cleanse my scalp with alcohol and a cotton ball and then repeat this with apple cider vinegar and I would see dirt and oil and dead skin come off turning the cotton ball brown to black sometimes essentially blocking the follicles and the pores and then apple cider vinegar takes care of layer after layer of hardened sebum and waxy buildup choking off growth. Then after a applying a warm rag of washcloth that I would allow to sit in warm water before wringing it out.. then after letting it sit on my scalp to open the pores.. then I would apply my night shampoo of Nizoral and let it sit for five minutes and then wash it out and then apply Minoxidil. Then in the day repeat the process without the Nizoral.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    I am going to give you a tip and maybe it might work for you for increased coverage. What I did that showed me improvement was before I added minox during the day and the evening is I would cleanse my scalp with alcohol and a cotton ball and then repeat this with apple cider vinegar and I would see dirt and oil and dead skin come off turning the cotton ball brown to black sometimes essentially blocking the follicles and the pores and then apple cider vinegar takes care of layer after layer of hardened sebum and waxy buildup choking off growth. Then after a applying a warm rag of washcloth that I would allow to sit in warm water before wringing it out.. then after letting it sit on my scalp to open the pores.. then I would apply my night shampoo of Nizoral and let it sit for five minutes and then wash it out and then apply Minoxidil. Then in the day repeat the process without the Nizoral.
    Great tip, I'll give this a try! Thanks again brother.

Great tip, I'll give this a try! Thanks again brother.
    No problem man. People often forget you want deeper penetration of these topical then you have to properly cleanse and unblock the skin essentially opening the skin tissue to be receptive to the Minoxidil and other topicals in your regimen. Without that skin prep the Minoxidil has to work that much harder to seep into the cellular structure of your scalp to do its job effectively...

Congrats dude!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    In the morning a co-worker noticed my hair and commented on it saying its changed in some way and earlier this morning I looked in the mirror and I got an early Christmas gift. I can see my hairline again and it is filling in along with the vertex and the crown of my hair.. the vellus hairs are darkening and becoming more prominent and the bald spot is shrinking as the side of my hair are growing and closing it off. And this is six months in.. I can hardly wait to see what another 6 months does!! Patience and perseverance for the small gains it what is important here.. if you set your vision too high you will be disappointed almost certainly.

hey mate, what kind of minox are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    hey mate, what kind of minox are you using?

Rogaine foam Minoxidil 5% I bought a three month batch for $39.99