+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Default Histogen at the ISHRS conference

A colleague just sent me this. How is this not awesome.

HSC caused a response in over 80% of subjects who grew 40-60% more hair. Pretty impressive.

Current trials show 8% increase in hair density at 12 weeks decreasing to 6% at 24 weeks then rising to 30-40% at 48 weeks (average of all subjects)
    It also works in difficult to treat temples with increased density of 20-25%

Hairs that were there at 1 year were still there at 2 years.

The conference was told a treatment course of two lots of 50 injections 6 weeks apart would cost USD2000. They say you have about 50 injections a session.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    A colleague just sent me this. How is this not awesome.

HSC caused a response in over 80% of subjects who grew 40-60% more hair. Pretty impressive.

Current trials show 8% increase in hair density at 12 weeks decreasing to 6% at 24 weeks then rising to 30-40% at 48 weeks (average of all subjects)
    It also works in difficult to treat temples with increased density of 20-25%

Hairs that were there at 1 year were still there at 2 years.

The conference was told a treatment course of two lots of 50 injections 6 weeks apart would cost USD2000. They say you have about 50 injections a session.
    Thats a pretty a good price -- About the same as getting something like TRX2 or other fairly useless topicals for a year.

40-60% is alot though -- If there is around 2.2 hairs per graft and if around 10k grafts would give a bald norwood 5/6 cosmetic coverage this apparently gives the equivalent of a 4000 - 6000 graft hair transplant. Thats pretty crazy if true.

2000 USD every two years is pretty expensive.

concerning the number of injections and dose - nobody can tell, because phase II/III is supposed to check that.

Something like HSC, that bald people in the whole world will be depended on, so they can still hold their hair, shouldn't be expensive. because every bald guy will get the treatment every two years, an income from every bald guy in the world every two years will make histogen rich enough...
    that 2000 price will make histogen bankrupt.. lol

anyway.. if that's the max amount of price that would be, it will drop eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post

concerning the number of injections and dose - nobody can tell, because phase II/III is supposed to check that.

Something like HSC, that bald people in the whole world will be depended on, so they can still hold their hair, shouldn't be expensive. because every bald guy will get the treatment every two years, an income from every bald guy in the world every two years will make histogen rich enough...

anyway.. if that's the max amount of price that would be, it will drop eventually.
    We dont know that, and many may just pay that much fo x amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post

If it lasts 2 years that's only $20 per week -- Not too bad.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Kiwi,,it is awesome, thanks for posting

Interesting to hear a dollar value. If it's effective the pricing is more than reasonable. Honestly although that's 1/4 of my annual income I would find a way to make it work. I'm guessing guys who work fulltime probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

However 20% non-response is going to cause a lot of broken hearts

All speculative until the product is on the market. But I would gladly pay $20 every week for hair. That costs less than Avodart.

I wish they'd hurry up, I'm getting tired of rubbing concealer on my head. It's mentally and physically exhausting. Hurry Histogen /:

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I wish they'd hurry up, I'm getting tired of rubbing concealer on my head. It's mentally and physically exhausting. Hurry Histogen /:
    Same , I have a NW2 to maintain.