+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Guys, I think they still need to work on thos 20% non responders - in big numbers that is going to leave A LOT of broken hearts. Think about it, FUE works in probably 99% cases and still there are a lot of complaints, so I dont know - 20% is pretty big number, I'd wish they would cut it down to less than a single digit %...

And I would really hope that it's compoundable and/or bigger doses mean more/longer regrowth.

Anyways, these are all very good news.

is this proven to work on the temples/hairline?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    A colleague just sent me this. How is this not awesome.

HSC caused a response in over 80% of subjects who grew 40-60% more hair. Pretty impressive.

Current trials show 8% increase in hair density at 12 weeks decreasing to 6% at 24 weeks then rising to 30-40% at 48 weeks (average of all subjects)
    It also works in difficult to treat temples with increased density of 20-25%

Hairs that were there at 1 year were still there at 2 years.

The conference was told a treatment course of two lots of 50 injections 6 weeks apart would cost USD2000. They say you have about 50 injections a session.
    It is great news, still best news bald men have had for many years. "increase in density". By that do they mean an increase in terminal hairs? or total hair count? Either would be great but total hair count (including vellus, thinner hairs) would be amazing.

2000 every 2 years (and it might be even more than 2 years) is a great price. We should all be happy with that price. And also, it might just be an introductory price, subject to decrease in time. A money back offer if the treatment doesnt work would be perfect.

All great news. Would love to hear about their plans. Phase 3. Updated timeline etc.

Who is your colleague Kiwi? Can you verify any of that info?

Also, what's with the "every 2 years" thing people are talking about? Do the hair counts start diminishing after 2 years? Is this just MPB resuming its course, in which case we could off-set it with meds like fin?

Quote Originally Posted by goingquick View Post
    Who is your colleague Kiwi? Can you verify any of that info?

Also, what's with the "every 2 years" thing people are talking about? Do the hair counts start diminishing after 2 years? Is this just MPB resuming its course, in which case we could off-set it with meds like fin?
    2 years is just an assumption, because so far histogen can only look at the patients from earlier trials to evaluate if hair is still growing, which is about 2 years. High chance that it will last longer

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    2 years is just an assumption, because so far histogen can only look at the patients from earlier trials to evaluate if hair is still growing, which is about 2 years. High chance that it will last longer
    As usual people are speculating like SHIT.

The most important thing is - WHEN will it hit the market? Also, would Fin and Minox become redundant?

And Kiwi, how do we know your colleague isn't bullshitting?

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    Indeed. How did your colleague manage to get information no one else has been able to get? Even histogen hasn't reported this.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    The most important thing is - WHEN will it hit the market? Also, would Fin and Minox become redundant?

My colleague (more like a doctor patient relationship actually) was at the ISHRS conference. Apparently its just what was said at the conference. I don't think there would be any reason for him to be dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    As usual people are speculating like SHIT.
    I don't think its bad speculation. Anything past the 2 year mark is speculation. All the crazy shit people were saying about Replicell was bad speculation - sadly the people who complain most about Histogen got bitter and burnt of Replicell so I tend to take what they say as a grain of salt.

If Histogen effect works for 2 years thats great. I don't care about what happens after 2 years yet - because that would be speculation.

If we're lucky during that 2 years something better will come to market. Who knows. If I have to fly to Japan and spend 6 weeks there in 2015 every two years... its a small price to pay for my confidance and peace of mind.

To be honest I'm at a point where if I didnt have a FUT scar I'd probably just shave my head. I'm too damn busy for the head crap and just want to get on with my life...

If Histogen gives me some of that then thank god!