+ Reply to Thread

Default Disingenuous Bosley Commercials

I've been seeing these dishonest, misleading, and disingenuous Bosley commercials that have been saturating television all the time lately. These commercials are so misleading and disingenuous that they really make me sick. They claim that they can give you a full head of hair, yet what they fail to mention is that a hair transplant cannot give anyone a full head of hair and a wig is not what anyone expects to be sold when they hear of Bosley new and innovative hair solutions created by "advances in medical science". They claim that their solution is permanent yet they fail to mention that many people (and especially those get transplants from Bosley) need to get multiple transplants to achieve anything close to a full head of hair. And no one expects to have a wig slapped on their head when they see Bosley's commercials that promise much more innovative and grandiose solutions to hair loss. But most of all, those commercials fail to mention what a horrendous track record Bosley has in disfiguring and scarring patients for life. I really despise living with hair loss, but I can't imagine what it would be like to live a life extensive scarring and disfiguring all over my head.

Bottom line: Bosley is using misleading advertising and basically outright lying to potential customers to attempt to get money off of vulnerable hair loss sufferers, knowing that these hair loss sufferers will ultimately be disappointed by what they have to offer. This kind of slick and disingenuous advertising really makes me sick.

Lastly though, I realized that Aderans is owned by Bosley, and Ken Washenik (one the head guys over Aderans) really seems like decent and moral person who really cares about hair loss sufferers and their plight. Hopefully he'll clean up the corruption that has been going on at Bosley, and make Aderans into a much more reputable company than Bosley ever was. I really hope so, because I really believe in the stem cell based technology that Aderans is working on.

Is there a link to see it?

I am interested to see it as when I was in a hotel before my procedure with Dr Feller in New York, I saw countless Hairclub adverts.

They were aweful!

Luckily now the internet is here and if patients due their due diligence they can fortunately see that these adds aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Best careful and if it sounds too good to be true with HT surgery - it often is.

I am a former Bosley patient who's journey with HT repair surgery started as a result of 4 HT strip surgeries i had with them for 500 grafts each time.

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Luckily now the internet is here and if patients due their due diligence they can fortunately see that these adds aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Best careful and if it sounds too good to be true with HT surgery - it often is.

I am a former Bosley patient who's journey with HT repair surgery started as a result of 4 HT strip surgeries i had with them for 500 grafts each time.

Best
    Spex
    My hair fell out slowly starting in 1986. I was devastated . But fortunately for me its fallen out a net loss of about 10 hairs per month . By 1990 I felt that I would thicken my hairline in the front , and the rest was thick enough. It really was cosmetic.

So I had bosley send me a confidential white envelope . I looked at it and decided that it wasnt for me. I didnt trust him and his staff did not seem like they cared in the slightest about my specific case. They just wanted to make money.

Tell me about your experience with Bosley. I think many of us would love to hear the fully story of your experience.

My opinion and experience with them is that they ARE misleading and even flat out liars. They also make you think Bosley himself is going to do the surgery until you get there and they tell you if you want him to do the surgery it's going to cost you three times the rate or so. They're also shamelss greedy bastards who were more than happy to take my money for a very tiny HT very very early on into my hair loss. Back then I barely had any signs of thinning at all in my temples and I'm sure any other doctor would've advised me against getting an HT done. They however, charged me over $ 3000 for 300 grafts. For the same amount of $, I got 2 1/2 times the number of grafts a few years later with dr. Wong.

Don't go to those crooks and warn others not to go to them. I hate crooks and greedy bastards.