+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default starting my regimen, want your opinions! w/ PICS

Hi everyone, just starting my fight against MPB, I'm 24. So I have been creeping a number of forums, doing an insane amount of google searches, and I have narrowed it down to 3 things I am for sure going to use. And a short lists of others that I am considering. I would appreciate some insight from people who have used any of these products.

FOR SURE
    -Minoxdil 5% foam
    -Nizoral Shampoo (can anyone recommend a good brand?)
    -RU58841 (still need to figure out how to get everclear here in the USA, any substitutes?)

THINKING ABOUT
    -Saw Palmetto (low doses)
    -Finasteride (again lower than advised dose, any advice on what dose to take?)
    -Black Currant Oil (orally 500mg per day)

Also I am very curious about natural supplements to strengthen hair, please recommend me some!

About the saw palmetto and finasteride, I have been thinking it might not be so bad to have a reduction in testosterone, because I am extremely sex driven. I worry at times and think I could have a sexual addiction, I have a hard time focusing on important things and think about sex really often. So being less horny, almost sounds appealing to me. But being sexually incapacitated would be my worst nightmare. I think if I want to reduce testosterone, I would prefer the SP because it is a natural. Only other thing is I do have a bit of a predisposition to being depressed, I've heard that depression can be a side to finasteride. Thoughts???

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0060.jpg

Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	17985   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0099.jpg

Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	17986  

Dude,

My opinion is ditch the RU58841 (kitchen sink approach will get you NO where)
    also hold off on the Minoxdil 5% foam for 12 months until you've given Fin a chance to work.

As for shampoo try/research Regenepure Dr. (It's good stuff and doesn't contain nasty sodium laureth sulfate like Nizoral shampoo.

Sulfates = BAD news for hair.

Save your cash with hippy approach - Fin has the data and results.

I'm 3 months in and it's looking good.

(i wish someone had told me this 3 years ago - Good luck man)

Thanks for the reply,

Why would you say to hold off on the minoxidil? Seems like the standard to go with, even if I did use fin, why wouldn't I use minoxidil too?

Also, I have heard some awesome things about RU, an insane amount of people on forums & youtube swearing it works.

Also I wouldn't say the saw palmetto and black currant thing is necessarily hippie stuff, you know regenpure has saw palmetto as one of it's ingredients right? And I do believe that vitamins, anti-oxidants, essential fatty acids do improve general health over all, and a healthy body, in my opinion, can translate to healthy hair. Maybe I would be more likely to keep the hair that does regrow from fin, minoxidil, regenpure, and ru. And if not, being healthier from them doesn't bother me.

Where are you going to order your RU from?

i sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by notat24 View Post
    Why would you say to hold off on the minoxidil? Seems like the standard to go with, even if I did use fin, why wouldn't I use minoxidil too?
    Many people feel it is best to wait until you know one medication is working before adding another to your regimen. I personally do not always agree with that but I do understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by notat24 View Post
    Also, I have heard some awesome things about RU, an insane amount of people on forums & youtube swearing it works.
    I have also seen and read many many posts from guys who will swear on a big stack of Bibles that RU is working wonders for them - but none of them provide any real proof. If fact most of the photos are of too poor quality to be able to see anything significant. The few photos I have seen that are anything close to good quality are from guys who do not actually MPB - and their before and after pics look exactly the same. Such photos do not meet the necessary metrics required to qualify as proof.

The quality of the photos you have provided is bad but I can see that you actually do have MPB. Since you actually do have MPB, stick with meds that are actually proven to treat it.

If you are going to go with some hippie stuff, get a good quality saw palmetto complex. Don't waste your money on that other stuff.

Since you should only use Nizoral once a week, your exposure to the sulfates in it is insignificant. The unreasonably high cost of Regenepure is not justifiable.

Bearing in mind this is only my personal opinion: Do what you think feels right..

I suggested holding off on Minoxidil because if you use both Fin & Min how will you determine which it's actually treating the hair loss better without possibly going backwards first. You would have to commit to the two for the period in which you wanted to maintain your hair.

Apologies for the "hippy treatment" call & i agree with what you said about clean eating/balanced diet and daily exercise benefiting hair health & overall health for that matter.

Best of luck!

My opinion is that unless you are ready to start finasteride for certain, I would not waste time or money with a regimen at all.
    Good luck.

A hippy/Big Pharma combo approach won't harm, but I'd put my money on Big Pharma delivering the real results.

What evidence convinced you that RU is worth a shot?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for all the replies and wishes of good luck!

About what evidence is convincing me that RU works. It is simply the many threads and numerous hairloss forums of people reporting their results. I think these forums are pretty subjective, and they have always backed up the things that work, for example, most all threads I have encountered support that minoxidil, fin, and ketoconazole work. And these aren't doctors reporting this, it is normal people, so why should I not believe these same people when they say that RU works? I am ok with taking a leap of faith, especially when it comes to fighting my hairloss.

Uh... I really don't get the advice about not starting a regimen unless I use fin... Thanks but, no thanks 25 going on 65. I will try all of the things I mentioned. Fin scares me, a lot of people saying bad sides, and if I do fin, as I said in my OP, I would use lower than prescribed doses, and I think alone that wouldn't be enough.

As for the Nizoral, I ended up buying regenepure, it is really expensive, so I might consider switching later on. And about the sulfates in the shampoo, I noticed that my normal shampoo also has sulfates, so maybe it is a good idea to stick to regenepure to give my scalp a break from them ever couple days?

Also anyone have a cheaper source other than amazon for regenepure?