+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by notat24 View Post
    Uh... I really don't get the advice about not starting a regimen unless I use fin... Thanks but, no thanks 25 going on 65. I will try all of the things I mentioned. Fin scares me, a lot of people saying bad sides, and if I do fin, as I said in my OP, I would use lower than prescribed doses, and I think alone that wouldn't be enough.
    My opinion was mostly based on the assumption you want to stop losing your hair
    Also if the established safety profile of fin scares you, you should not even consider using experimental/alternative treatments. (Forum anecdotes should have the least weight in your research by far.)
    Good luck with whatever you decide. If you pass on fin, minoxidil and ketoconazole can probably buy you some time.

The difference between fin and some of the experimental stuff is there is a small amount of evidence suggesting fin could **** your shit up for a long time, whereas we are not sure with the experimental stuff lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    ...whereas we are not sure with the experimental stuff lol.....
    It baffles and amazes me that these guys are not more scared of the uncertainty of the experimental stuff than they are about the rare possibly from the stuff that is proven to work. Totally amazing.

About what evidence is convincing me that RU works. It is simply the many threads and numerous hairloss forums of people reporting their results.
    This does not qualify as evidence.

Uh... I really don't get the advice about not starting a regimen unless I use fin...
    This is because if you are unable or unwilling to take the medication that is proven to stop hereditary hair loss in males, anything else you do to treat it is going to be such an uphill battle that it is almost pointless to bother trying.

As for the Nizoral, I ended up buying regenepure, it is really expensive, so I might consider switching later on. And about the sulfates in the shampoo, I noticed that my normal shampoo also has sulfates, so maybe it is a good idea to stick to regenepure to give my scalp a break from them ever couple days?
    It would be best to replace your regular shampoo and conditioner with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner - or a 2-n-1. Aveeno makes an excellent sulfate free shampoo, conditioner - and a 2-n-1 for you guys who don't want to fuss with using two separate products.

Regenepure is unjustifiably expensive no matter where you buy it. I would only use it if it were the only shampoo available on the market that had Ketoconazole in it. If you only use Nizoral once per week, as you should, your exposure to the sulfates in it is insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It baffles and amazes me that these guys are not more scared of the uncertainty of the experimental stuff than they are about the rare possibly from the stuff that is proven to work. Totally amazing.
    Again, you are not being specific whatsoever. What do you think is more harmful, a topical anti-androgen with with an excellent safety profile, virtually no systematic absorption, and currently in clinical trials (CB), or an internal medication that inhibits an enzyme that produces an important male hormone?

You are missing the point though. Even when finasteride was not approved for hairloss, people out there were willing to try it. If you study some of the experimental products available, there is no reason/evidence to suggest extreme adverse sides.

Feel free to specify which experimental products you have problems with.

About RU, from what I read about it and from the studies out there, it seems like the only thing missing is a pharm company to invest millions in the FDA approval process. I'm sure before fin was FDA approved it had similar uncertainty to it as well. Seems like the only difference between fin and RU is the fact that when fin came out it didn't have competitors so it was an easy choice for a big pharm company to invest because they would make boat loads of cash on it.

And yeah, I know forum anecdotes do not qualify as evidence, but like I said, I don't see why people would be making stuff up when these same people say good things about fin, minoxodil and nizoral and those are FDA approved!

Thanks for the shampoo suggestion Tracy, I will definitely look into that!

Also I am in day three of minoxodil, I have high hopes, and I'm psychologically prepared for the possibility of shedding. My shampoo should be here soon, and I am going to research where a good source for fin is. I think I might take 1/3 the suggested dose.

Also, just need to figure out how to get my hands on pure ethanol in the states for RU.

Also, just need to figure out how to get my hands on pure ethanol in the states for RU.
    You should go for KB solution man, it is the most effective vehicle for RU. There will be a group buy in the near future (for KB and RU), let me know if you are interested. It does blow that ethanol is prohibted in a lot of places, I want it for other solutions but can't get my hands on it, it is even harder to get if you are in Canada like me.

Dan26, keep me updated, I am pm-ing you my email address as well! Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Again, you are not being specific whatsoever.
    I shouldn't need to be. Unless you specifically have an agenda - which it is obvious that you do - but I will not entertain it. It is simply not worth my time to do so.

About RU, from what I read about it and from the studies out there, it seems like the only thing missing is a pharm company to invest millions in the FDA approval process.
    There is so much more to it than you know... Members like Dan26 should not be trusted. But it is your body. Do with it what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There is so much more to it than you know...
    I am officially convinced. Thanks for telling me about all that stuff that is more than what I know, it completely convinced me since you assured that it is more than I know. That is extremely helpful.