+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default I've just had my procedure with Dr. Gho and want to share the results

Hi all

I've just got back to my hotel after my procedure. In summary I got 1423 grafts on the hairline and mid scalp.

There was some difficulty in getting the grafts like Neversaynever mentioned in his thread. For whatever reason this was, my curly hair or an inexperienced technician, Rolf had to take over. I tried counting the number of drills vs the number of grafts counted and it was on average 2 drills to extract 1 graft.

So with that said, I want to document my donor regeneration in as much detail as possible as I fear that the first technician may have damaged it.

So shall I take photos from now or wait til tomorrow when I've had a chance to rinse my donor (it's very bloody).

Gaz, did you take photos straight after the procedure or did you wait til the next day?

Congrats c5000,

you going to have about 2800 extraction sites in your donor?

you could start taking pics now from the day 0, its important to get good shots as time will fly, get some shots n post them and people would like to see how your donor looks like righr after procedure, clean I assume

How many doubles and 3s?

Whats your overall impression of hasci clinic?

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Hi all

I've just got back to my hotel after my procedure. In summary I got 1423 grafts on the hairline and mid scalp.

There was some difficulty in getting the grafts like Neversaynever mentioned in his thread. For whatever reason this was, my curly hair or an inexperienced technician, Rolf had to take over. I tried counting the number of drills vs the number of grafts counted and it was on average 2 drills to extract 1 graft.

So with that said, I want to document my donor regeneration in as much detail as possible as I fear that the first technician may have damaged it.

So shall I take photos from now or wait til tomorrow when I've had a chance to rinse my donor (it's very bloody).

Gaz, did you take photos straight after the procedure or did you wait til the next day?
    Hi mate,

Excellent news. Don't worry about these 2:1 extractions, I'm sure that 100% of the failed extractions will grow and 85% of the 1400 actual extractions will grow, so in effect you'll have 92.5% avg regrowth from those 2800 if you catch my drift.

Take a couple of photos tonight, no matter how bloody and upload them to this thread if you can. It will also allow people to actually see how bloody it is afterwards. (All helps).... If you can get this right you'll be doing a great service to not only to us, but also yourself as you can monitor and we can help you monitor your progress.

Keep in touch and don't disappear lol!

I fear it could be more than 2800 holes.

I was overall very impressed with the clinic, but when I asked how many holes in total the technicians said "about 1500, there were about 80 unsuccessful transactions", which in all honesty I think is just nonsense in my opinion.

The actual recipient part is spot on, liking my hairline etc. but just didn't like the secrecy with the number of holes made. They assured me that these holes would recover completely.

Ok, i'll take some photos today and then try to rinse the donor tomorrow as it's very bloody.

Hi mate.

Don't worry i've got no plans to disappear.

I'll take a load of pics tonight and hopefully I get the right amount of zoom etc.

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Hi mate.

Don't worry i've got no plans to disappear.

I'll take a load of pics tonight and hopefully I get the right amount of zoom etc.
    Great, looking forward to seeing them. Taking these photos is a pain in the arse at the best of times, I took about 20 to get the optimal image, having said that I think you have a much superior camera to what I've got.

I'm curious to which hotel your staying at? I always stay at The Marylebone hotel, its less than a 5 min walk. I'm prob going to book again unless you've unearthed a local gem.

Yeah i'll just got my g/f to take loads of pics.

I'm in that very hotel right now... Took me 5 minutes to walk and didn't have to worry about losing grafts by wearing a hat etc.

I'm definitely going to go for another procedure next year as overall I'm happy enough. Just anxious about the donor especially white dots.

Anyways i'll try and get these pics uploaded in the next hour.

Well I haven't seen any white dots on anybody as yet and I don't expect to in the future. I think it's impossible to see with the human eye simply because of the size of the extraction tool.

Any luck with your pics?

Here are some pics, I'll set up a filesden account or something to upload them in higher quality

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0021.jpg

Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	17979

Name:	SAM_0022.jpg

Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	17980

Name:	SAM_0023.jpg

Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	17981

Name:	SAM_0024.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	17982

Name:	SAM_0026.jpg

Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	17983

Some good photos there mate. The shots above the ears are probably the best to focus on, this is the same area I took my photos!

I would suggest going slightly closer with your camera than you have done, haven't said that I'll wait until I see the high res ones.

Btw it looks great already.