+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Bald at 17 just saying hello.

Well, to start I'm not like most of you. I've already lost my hair. I have Alopecia. I still have eyebrows and eyelashes as well as hair in other places. However, all of the hair on my head is gone, and I admit not having hair from an early age has given me a subpar life. Fewer friends, no girls, and no prom. I am very depressed and it is a shame to be cursed with this from a young age. I agree with those that are worried about losing your attractiveness. I suggest anyone who has started balding to do everything you can to stop it.

From my experience, young girls do not like bald guys at all. Maybe its because I'm still a teenager, but I don't see how it would be any different in the early 20s.

Anyway just saying hi.

-just another guy depressed about not having hair.

I know its hard AFye. You know there are many girls your age writing the exact same thing on other forums, only their problems are different. And they think there is no one for them. Prolly there are many girls in your high school without a date, for the prom or whatnot. Seek them out. I have no doubt that you can find love too.

Quote Originally Posted by AFye View Post
    Well, to start I'm not like most of you. I've already lost my hair. I have Alopecia. I still have eyebrows and eyelashes as well as hair in other places. However, all of the hair on my head is gone, and I admit not having hair from an early age has given me a subpar life. Fewer friends, no girls, and no prom. I am very depressed and it is a shame to be cursed with this from a young age. I agree with those that are worried about losing your attractiveness. I suggest anyone who has started balding to do everything you can to stop it.

From my experience, young girls do not like bald guys at all. Maybe its because I'm still a teenager, but I don't see how it would be any different in the early 20s.

Anyway just saying hi.

-just another guy depressed about not having hair.
    Have you lost ALL your hair--i.e., even from the permanent zone? Or are you a NW6-7?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiffle View Post
    I know its hard AFye. You know there are many girls your age writing the exact same thing on other forums, only their problems are different. And they think there is no one for them. Prolly there are many girls in your high school without a date, for the prom or whatnot. Seek them out. I have no doubt that you can find love too.
    I've lowered my standards enough and I'm not going any lower. even the fat girls don't want me.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Have you lost ALL your hair--i.e., even from the permanent zone? Or are you a NW6-7?
    i've completely lost all of my hair. There is non on my head.. Heh, imagine how goofy it looks being that young. I have abit of regrowth but it has been like that for a while. I shave because its only certain spots on my head. If I let it grow out it would look retarded with a couple hairs sticking out of my head in some places.

I've lowered my standards enough and I'm not going any lower. even the fat girls don't want me.
    Perhaps they sense you believe you're "lowering your standards"?

Try to stay positive my friend, the best thing you can do now is to work on yourself for a better future. Be successful in life, study hard and get a good career. Get jacked up, building muscle and acquiring define abs will help tremendously. There is a female companion for everyone, just give it some time.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Try to stay positive my friend, the best thing you can do now is to work on yourself for a better future. Be successful in life, study hard and get a good career. Get jacked up, building muscle and acquiring define abs will help tremendously. There is a female companion for everyone, just give it some time.
    I already liftweights. The problem is it will take probably 3-5 years to get a body that looks alright with a bald head on top. Skinny bald with abs would look disgusting. I need size. People who are balding have time to bulk up and get jacked before they lose all of their hair. I don't have that luxury.

I am going to chime in here and say I understand your pain. However young man when I started to lose my hair and people laughed at me and thought me odd when I shaved my head around the the time Michael Jordan was just starting to do the same and it was just starting to be in vogue for black men to do. I remember thinking this is how people who are being called fat feel and are laughed at and ridiculed. My growing bald and becoming an advanced Norwood 5 where I am now I changed my perceptions on how I look at others.

So when you say lowering your standards and preferences.. understand there is more content under the surface than just some chippie materialistic blonde or brunette with blue eyes and big boobs and a slender waist who looks good on your arm. Is she intelligent, can she speak about current events, scientifc breakthroughs, literature, poetry or cultural art ? Does she have compassion and a big heart with a generous nature ? Is she independent ?

Off the top of my head those are the things I look at when I date and I have kept up a shaved look for the last sixteen years or so. And it has served me well. You need to look at the character, personality moral values and intentions of those you would date( and the consistency of those things if they change like the wind blowing leaves or not) as a priority and see if they align with yours.. before you are looking at their bodies per se. It is easy to say as an older man because when you are younger it is hormones and biology guiding you but being older in this sense provides distance from having made the mistakes of going after the prettiest girl and not even being rejected but paying the price by going out with her and finding out that having is not the same or nearly as desirable as wanting....

I already liftweights. The problem is it will take probably 3-5 years to get a body that looks alright with a bald head on top. Skinny bald with abs would look disgusting. I need size. People who are balding have time to bulk up and get jacked before they lose all of their hair. I don't have that luxury.
    Yeah it does take time to build up muscle if your going natural. Your suppose to eat over 2500-3500 calories a day depending your height. I hope your tall, that is a big plus with the ladies.

I shouldn't recommend this and probably will get my ass chew on this forum for it but you should look into anabolic steroids when your 18?