+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default İs hair density same on every area of the scalp?

Dr Feriduni's site says .

Natural hair density does not just vary from one person to the next, but also from one area of the head to another. This is an important aspect needing to be taken into consideration if a hair transplant is to look as natural and aesthetical as possible.

What does this mean?

İs hair density on top of scalp and back of scalp different? I mean, Do we naturally have less hair on top of our heads?

Thanks for any reply

Hair with hair restoration it will always be thicker at the front and as you work back be thinner.

Hair is thicker at the sides and back compared to the top of the head.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Yes, the density can be higher on the back and sides, but there can be some difference between the thickness at the sides and the thickness at the back too.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Just to clarify what I said: the density can be higher on the back/sides in comparison to the top, but there can also be variation between the density at the back and the density on the sides. So we're talking about multiple variation on different areas of the scalp.

I echo what my esteemed colleagues have said. In addition, it is fairly common for the the density on the sides to be less than at the back and there can also be a variation where some of the sides, usually behind the temple point, will have lower density than the areas above the ears. There can even be a band of hair that is thicker, and moves in a vertical diagonal along the sides, above the ears, and more closely resembles the density of the back.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Yes, that diagonal can often be seen with a very short haircut. Ain't follicles funny?

Spex, mattj, Jotronic

Thanks for clarifying this issue.I was searching for this on the internet for long time as I observe the pattern you mentioned in many people and myself.

No worries

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hey guys. First post here.

I am 46 and just had my first transplant about a month ago. I have a question for Spex.

I am a norwood 3 and so i got the doctor to really work the front hairline to restore it to the same spot when i was 20. After more natural shedding i suspect the area behind the transplant will continue to thin and I have decided on toppik for that.

My question is, how many proceedures will it take to get the full density on the front ? I did 1333 FUE grafts already.

Welcome Drybone ( good name ) You are a NW 3 and you brought your hairline down to where it was when you were 20 , with 1333 grafts...

That will be THIN.

"Full density " if you mean the full illusion of density .. well on average you would need approx 50-70 hairs per cm sq however it all very much depends on your hair characteristic and calibre, loss pattern, donor supply available and good honest ethical guidance.

You will never get the FULL density back when you were 20 so be careful and understand the fact is good HT surgery is all about the art of illusion.

Out of interest who was your surgeon ?