+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wow, you are complaining? I wish my hair was as thick as yours, I wouldn't be worrying about a thing!

Thanks for the support, guys I guess I'm also concerned at the alarming count of miniaturisation occurring across the entirety of my hairline; including, I think, at the central hair line area and front central area just beyond the hair line. Maybe I'm just worrying too much, but I thought mature hair lines didn't display a lot of miniaturisation?

Hey again guys - just adding a few pics more to see if they alter your perspectives. I heard once that you can be sure you're receding if the corners of your hair line move past the outward-most extent of your sideburns (or something like that)...is that true? Apologies for some of these pics...I was chatting to my friends online, and decided to pull faces as I sent them for their inspection:P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0001.jpg

Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	18044   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0002.jpg

Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	18045   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0003.jpg

Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	18046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0004.jpg

Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	18047   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0005.jpg

Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	18048   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0007.jpg

Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	18049  

I think there might be some recession there; the very, very beginnings of receding temples.

I've gotta say, though, that the pics still aren't cutting it. Webcams just don't have the resolution to be helpful, and you're too far away from the camera. Use a digital camera that has a decent resolution, and take some stable, clear pics from a close enough distance to be helpful. These heavily pixilated images just aren't that useful.

Yeah, perhaps they aren't helpful. But I equally feel that if temple recession's evident from a poorly pixelated camera, it's probs very much there. I knew deep down I was losing my hair, and it looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by jfox223 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the reassurance; it's helped silence some of the fears, conscious though I am still of the rather thin state of my temples:P
    Hey Fox. I am you , 26 years ago.

I first noticed my hairline starting to break up a bit at age 20 , so I inspected it daily for the rest of my life. I am now 46 and just had my first hair transplant.

I got lucky. I watched my hair fall out very slowly. It did not fall out in 5 years or 10. I sat there and did nothing but inspect my hairline everytime i went in front of a mirror. Praying I did not lose more.

So you can 'gamble' by simply monitoring it or you can seek professional advice. Your hairline looks like its starting to recede. The only way we can know how FAST its going to fall out is by looking at photos of your both your grandfathers.

I found 90% of men will look like either of them , but 50% will end up like their father or even brothers.

If one of your grandfathers has a full head of hair, look at the other one. Go find pictures of both of them at age 20, 25, 30 .

If I could go back I would would have stuck with my decision not to use products. Why? I always felt that it was going to be permanent or nothing.

What I would do differently was concentrate on keeping my hair healthy and eat proper foods and manage stress. These things can make your hair fall out faster.

What you can do is see where your grandads hairlines receded and peg a date to have your first transplant , probably 10 years from now or even longer.

Then, after taking these precautions, go enjoy your life and forget about it.

One of my grandfathers was entirely bald at age twenty; the other has retained a full head of hair...

I guess all the prior appraisals of my hairline to be no more than NW 1.5/2 were underestimations... Do note that my forehead's always been large, but of course recession's recession.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hey Fox. I am you , 26 years ago.

I first noticed my hairline starting to break up a bit at age 20 , so I inspected it daily for the rest of my life. I am now 46 and just had my first hair transplant.

I got lucky. I watched my hair fall out very slowly. It did not fall out in 5 years or 10. I sat there and did nothing but inspect my hairline everytime i went in front of a mirror. Praying I did not lose more.

So you can 'gamble' by simply monitoring it or you can seek professional advice. Your hairline looks like its starting to recede. The only way we can know how FAST its going to fall out is by looking at photos of your both your grandfathers.

I found 90% of men will look like either of them , but 50% will end up like their father or even brothers.

If one of your grandfathers has a full head of hair, look at the other one. Go find pictures of both of them at age 20, 25, 30 .

If I could go back I would would have stuck with my decision not to use products. Why? I always felt that it was going to be permanent or nothing.

What I would do differently was concentrate on keeping my hair healthy and eat proper foods and manage stress. These things can make your hair fall out faster.

What you can do is see where your grandads hairlines receded and peg a date to have your first transplant , probably 10 years from now or even longer.

Then, after taking these precautions, go enjoy your life and forget about it.
    How much had you receded by the time you got your first transplant?

How much had you receded by the time you got your first transplant?
    About one inch . However, there was a lot of thinning over the years . I was still a NW 1 until I was 30. Then I was about a NW 2 until i was about 35 or so. But the overall thinning kept getting worse.

Then at about 42 I noticed the front of my head was thinner than the back, which is the start of NW 3 and eventually will lead to NW 3 with a hole in the crown.

So I decided now was the time to fix my frontal hair line to get it permanently fixed as thick as surgically possible with todays technology. Then have subsequent proceedures as needed behind the hairline as I aged.

I think we ALL go bald by age 80 or 90 . Anyone who has male pattern baldness will not be able to avoid this. But my hope is that cloning will be attained by then so all the work I have done now can be duplicated to fill out my entire head by then.

As far as your grandads go, if you dont fit into either of them, then you are not the 90%. Your hairloss will be harder to pinpoint. I have no other advice to give you other than to pray that your hair stays intact !!!

Good luck.

One of my grandfathers was entirely bald at age twenty; the other has retained a full head of hair...

I guess all the prior appraisals of my hairline to be no more than NW 1.5/2 were underestimations... Do note that my forehead's always been large, but of course recession's recession.
    Few to no men go entirely bald by age twenty.

Your hairline is a NW 1.5 right now. Here is what is happening. Your body is producing a hormone which all men produce starting at about age 18 or so.

This hormone is bad for some of our hair, depending on the hairs ability to fend off this hormone. This is where male pattern baldness comes into play. Some of our hair, especially in the front, is damaged by the horomone and eventually burns out. The rest of our hair is more resistant to the hormone and therefore does not fall out.......yet.

The hair gets burned out in a direct pattern as the weakest hairs burn out first followed by the next weakest and so on . I dont think scientists have figured out what the genetic purpose going bald serves.

The hairs on the back of our head dont care about this hormone. So why dont we just have these hairs everywhere to save all the hassle? Good question .Nobody knows.