+ Reply to Thread

Default what are my options?

I'm 18 and while I currently wear my hear pretty short ( 2-3 buzz) and look better with short hair, i'm pbviously annoyed that i'm NW2.5 ish and thinning though. That's why i'm here and just wondering apart from the big 3 what my options are?

I'm going to be NW7 in a few years let's face it but could I get enough hair transplanted in the future to allow for a buzz cut (2)? Also what are the chances of improved donor supply/HT procedures in the future ( what is all of this 'Gho' talk?)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amibald View Post
    I'm going to be NW7 in a few years let's face it but...
    It generally takes quite a bit longer than a few years to go from Norwood 2.5ish to Norwood 7.

Book an appointment with a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. The doctor will go over your options with you.

Yep, like Tracy says, it's time to look into the preventative treatment options.

But what I really want to say is that you aren't necessarily destined to be a NW7. I've spoken to many gays in their 30s and 40s who experienced hairline recession in their teens and who are still in the NW2-3 range now, twenty years later. It happens.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Yep, like Tracy says, it's time to look into the preventative treatment options.

But what I really want to say is that you aren't necessarily destined to be a NW7. I've spoken to many gays in their 30s and 40s who experienced hairline recession in their teens and who are still in the NW2-3 range now, twenty years later. It happens.
    Thanks guys for replying.

I honestly can't afford the treatments and to be honest, I'm someone who likes to move on with things once I know they're ****ing me off. Hair loss is something I cried about for about a month, now i'm pretty much over it, have accepted it before it even happens and just think getting back on treatments, as well as being expensive, would just slip me back into the cycle of worrying about hair and false hope of it coming back.

I understand there's a possiblity of just a mature hairline but, there seems to be a bit of thinning along the crown, and towards the crown in a horseshoe ( nothing major but it's very noticeable when my hair's greasy after not washing for a day or getting up out of bed in the morning).

I was always under the impression that hair loss, especially any kind of thinning, at a young age is going to be aggressive and gone in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Hairloss treatment is cheap. What are you talking about?

5mg Finasteride tablets are just about free. Nizoral is super cheap.

Minox is the most expensive part, but even generics aren't that dear. You could even hold off on minox for a while.

If you can't afford hairloss treatments you'll never afford a HT.
    5mg even 1 mg generics of Finasteride tablets are not just about free.. they cost money just like their prescription counterparts. A supply of a month's worth cost me about $55 or so closing on sixty. That will be the most expensive part of your regimen should you decide to use it. Which makes sense as it is the active and heaviest hitter in the battle against baldness of the three components. Rogaine Foam 5% which anyone can pick up in any over the counter pharmacy in the US and Canada is about $39.99 and that is for a 3 month supply of the stuff. I am not familiar with the accessibility of the overseas equivalent of Regaine in Europe and abroad though I hear tell certain countries have tighter customs regulations and won't let it in the door.
    Nizoral... while cheaper than both is harder to find in the aisles sold only at certain distributors, supernarkets and pharmacy chains.