+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

when in doubt start a hippy regimen, ie watch your diet a lot, plenty of greens cut down animal products no refined sugar limited starch, take fish oil vitamin d and brewer's yeast.

Thank you all.
    I'm sorry if I'm pushing this too far, but I'm shaken by this whole thing.
    I used to be scared of it happening later in life, but at nearing 20?!!!

I did go to a dermatologist (yesterday) and he almost advised me to accept it if it were to come. He advised me regarding my dandruff, general hair care. Seriously, hardly anyone outside the internet is aware of research like ARI's that is going on.
    I gotta find a better doctor.

Here are 2 more pics showing my above-temple areas.
    Is it possible that someone has thin very lowly dense hair in the above-temple region since childhood. I don't remember how dense it was, I remember my hairline there was quite behind.

Now, I see really thin "tufts" of hair there. They are so light and thin. I convince myself that it has always been like this. But could hair have been less dense just there (since the beginning)?
    It might be understandable if I never had any hair there, but a thin tuft worries me.

Yes I'll go to another doctor again, but your opinions count a lot to me, given how I don't have much of past snapshots which I can share with a doctor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pic5.jpg

Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	18065   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg

Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	18066  

I cannot honestly see how you have lost any hair at all. Perhaps you can put up some more photos.

Get a friend of family member to take the photo as you pull your hair back. Or , go take photos of yourself when your hair is soaking wet and brushed back so I can see your hairline better.

Quote Originally Posted by pick View Post
    Thank you all.
    I'm sorry if I'm pushing this too far, but I'm shaken by this whole thing.
    I used to be scared of it happening later in life, but at nearing 20?!!!

I did go to a dermatologist (yesterday) and he almost advised me to accept it if it were to come. He advised me regarding my dandruff, general hair care. Seriously, hardly anyone outside the internet is aware of research like ARI's that is going on.
    I gotta find a better doctor.

Here are 2 more pics showing my above-temple areas.
    Is it possible that someone has thin very lowly dense hair in the above-temple region since childhood. I don't remember how dense it was, I remember my hairline there was quite behind.

Now, I see really thin "tufts" of hair there. They are so light and thin. I convince myself that it has always been like this. But could hair have been less dense just there (since the beginning)?
    It might be understandable if I never had any hair there, but a thin tuft worries me.

Yes I'll go to another doctor again, but your opinions count a lot to me, given how I don't have much of past snapshots which I can share with a doctor.
    The first physician I saw was a GP and was some combination of incompetent and unconcerned, when it came to hair loss. Saw a derm at a research University that was the opposite of both those things. It's worth seeing another professional. I think it is also important to be transparent/explicit with your concerns. It can be difficult to have to tell someone in-person you're concerned with your hairloss, with the way it's stigmatized. But, these are medical professionals; tell them how you feel.

Also, I couldn't agree more with what you said regarding hairloss education and the internet. Thankfully, the internet exists to offer forums for people to vocalize experiences and knowledge in a world that just doesn't seem to give a f**k. Otherwise, I would know Rogaine due to advertisements and nothing else.

S**t is frustrating - no doubt. I really just want my density back from the shedding I've been inflicted with for the last 6+ months. Definitely lost more than I've re-gained since this bullsh*t started.

I find it amazing that I am actually going through the exact same thing as you. Overall, my hairline receded just a bit and has stopped a long time ago but I do not know whether the hair on top of my head is thin because of diffuse thinning or because it always been like that.

I did start taking Nizoral 2% as a precaution and, like Assemblage23 says, hopped on a hippy regiment.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I cannot honestly see how you have lost any hair at all. Perhaps you can put up some more photos.

Get a friend of family member to take the photo as you pull your hair back. Or , go take photos of yourself when your hair is soaking wet and brushed back so I can see your hairline better.
    Does this say anything?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.jpg

Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	18146  

Quote Originally Posted by NOT ME View Post
    I find it amazing that I am actually going through the exact same thing as you. Overall, my hairline receded just a bit and has stopped a long time ago but I do not know whether the hair on top of my head is thin because of diffuse thinning or because it always been like that.

I did start taking Nizoral 2% as a precaution and, like Assemblage23 says, hopped on a hippy regiment.
    Oh. Did you consult a doctor?

Nizoral? That is if you have dandruff. I don't think that does anything to hairfall.
    I'm thinking of using Nizoral like once in 2 weeks and a really mild shampoo regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by pick View Post
    Does this say anything?
    Hey dude. You might be losing some density, but you are not losing your hairline.

I would consult a doctor and see about going on rogaine, minox or propecia to keep your hair . I would not worry about a hair transplant or anything like that.