+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cure for Baldness coming soon?

Has anyone seen the reports that a Pennsylvania University has discovered a cure and are looking to have it on the shelves in two years time. Does this story have any foundation or is it another false hope?

Not sure which one you're talking about. But if it's about the George Cotsarelis article which was widely reported on about 1-2 month(s) ago (I think Times magazine was one of them), he went on record shortly after saying he was misquoted and his words taken out of context. In short he claims he made some promising results in his research, but he hasn't sold in yet to a company, nor is it approved by de FDA or ready for production. IF it turns out a viable solution it can still take up to 10 years.

If it's a different article, feel free to link it.

**** this thread to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    We're all going to die alone and bald.
    Speak for yourself. I am both muscular and athletic and I happen to date a lot of white women mainly who love dating bald black men with a decent to great physique who are financially independent, secure and confident in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Speak for yourself. I am both muscular and athletic and I happen to date a lot of white women mainly who love dating bald black men with a decent to great physique who are financially independent, secure and confident in themselves.
    Cool story bro.

Hi Morbo, Yep it was by the same doctor. Here is the article which appreared in a uk newspaper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...als-years.html

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Cool story bro.
    Thank you. Hearing Highlander I want to put out there that I have seen guys who are bald and or balding going out with really hot women and dating extensively which means the theory men with hair have a happier ending than their bald counterparts is a load of horseshit.

Right now I know two brothers friends of mine I grew up with.. and guess the older one is bald and the younger by about 5 years has a full head of hair.. no baldness gene period. Guess what the bald one is married and has two kids and is successfully employed in an upper middle class job as an implementation analyst.. he was trained in Holland and given a lot of money for a salary in that realm IT. His younger brother is struggling in the arena of love.. no steady job or career prospects. Full head of hair and never had to use a single product.. both would be considered reasonably handsome Latino men by most women out there. So hair having an impact on your destiny is absolute rubbish. If you feel good about yourself for having hair and less self conscious and it brings confidence to you then great but the absence of hair does not need to make you feel lesser than someone else out there. You make yourself feel lesser than in your mind and then from the power of belief it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Thank you. Hearing Highlander I want to put out there that I have seen guys who are bald and or balding going out with really hot women and dating extensively which means the theory men with hair have a happier ending than their bald counterparts is a load of horseshit.

Right now I know two brothers friends of mine I grew up with.. and guess the older one is bald and the younger by about 5 years has a full head of hair.. no baldness gene period. Guess what the bald one is married and has two kids and is successfully employed in an upper middle class job as an implementation analyst.. he was trained in Holland and given a lot of money for a salary in that realm IT. His younger brother is struggling in the arena of love.. no steady job or career prospects. Full head of hair and never had to use a single product.. both would be considered reasonably handsome Latino men by most women out there. So hair having an impact on your destiny is absolute rubbish. If you feel good about yourself for having hair and less self conscious and it brings confidence to you then great but the absence of hair does not need to make you feel lesser than someone else out there. You make yourself feel lesser than in your mind and then from the power of belief it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
    I think most men are increasingly able to cope with hair loss as they age/mature. Obviously some men still opt to get HT and pursue treatments into their 40's and beyond; I'm not trying to say it's true of all men. Frankly, if I can just make it to 30 with hair, I'll be chill with letting it go. Obviously, if I'm married and living a stable life, that'll increase the likelihood I'll be fine with it. No matter what, hairloss will never jeopardize my career, which is something I can influence.

Totally agree with chris m I think bald guys have confidence, i luckily still have my hair at 30 , but I treat it I think once you find out you have mpb your confidence is shot!

Totally agree with chris m I think bald guys have confidence, i luckily still have my hair at 30 , but I treat it I think once you find out you have mpb your confidence is shot!