+ Reply to Thread

Default FUE - donar follicle regeneration & more hair/graft?

I saw a video by Dr. Cole in the hairsite website (don't know when it was made) in which he makes 2 claims

1. He sees upto 60% follicle regeneration in the donor areas.

2. With FUE, you get 1 extra hair per graft (2.9 in FUE v.s. 2 in FUT).

How much validity is there in these claims?

Thanks

Actually the 1st claim is with use of ACell. And he is looking at methods to increase the % to even higher.

1. He sees upto 60% follicle regeneration in the donor areas if ACell is used.

I want to believe this. I will be thrilled if this true. Dr Cole is a member of IAHRS and is a reputable doctor. So why isn't everyone gaga over this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d2001chen View Post
    Actually the 1st claim is with use of ACell. And he is looking at methods to increase the % to even higher.

1. He sees upto 60% follicle regeneration in the donor areas if ACell is used.

I want to believe this. I will be thrilled if this true. Dr Cole is a member of IAHRS and is a reputable doctor. So why isn't everyone gaga over this?

Thanks
    I wonder why past clients are not shouting out loud about it too.

That's a good question because I don't think he is lying about his results. I think most patients who have successful hair transplants move on afterward. They don't spend much time posting on internet forums. I saw the same thing from Cole, and I'm pretty excited about it. If I were to have a transplant, he'd be the guy I would have do it.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    I wonder why past clients are not shouting out loud about it too.
    I spoke with Dr. Cole this morning about Acell and follicle regeneration. He told me that more studies are needed. He is getting follicle regeneration using Acell because he creates minimal depth incisions, leaving stem cells in place. As Dr. Cole stated in the video "It seems too good to be true".

I can tell you, working here at Dr. Cole's office, I can't imagine him paying employees to spend time researching ways to improve follicle regeneration with Acell if he weren't indeed seeing follicle regeneration.

One thing to keep in mind is, Acell is a product available to physicians and Acell offers a wide range of products and applications. Acell received FDA approval to market their products as regenerative. Dr. Cole was skeptical regarding that claim when he began using it. He began using Acell with minimal expectations. With FUE, some patients will get some hypopigmentation in their donor areas. Dr. Cole anticipated patients prone to this would benefit. I don't think his initial expectations went much beyond that.

I think the reason patients aren't jumping up and down is because the focus of men with hair loss is directed upon having as much hair on the top of their heads as possible. We hair transplant patients usually can't directly see much of our donor areas without the help of an extra mirror. As they say, out of sight out of mind. Now that is my opinion as a hair transplant patient. Throughout all of my post HT surgery experience I was 98% focused on my recipient areas. I tried not to think about the missing hair in my donor areas.

CITNews works at Dr. Cole's office

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Acell progress report from our Cole Instruments Engineering Department:

"The accelerated wound healing potential of ACell is undeniable. The extracellular matrix structural proteins provide scaffolding materials to the injured cells, while growth factors and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) facilitate angiogenesis and tissue granulation. Still, the existing delivery systems have not been tailored for use on a human scalp following a hair restoration surgery. The delivery vehicle we currently use meets our requirements thus far. Cole Instruments is currently working to complete a biodegradable ACell delivery system targeted specifically towards FUE donor and recipient sites. Many more steps remain in perfecting this delivery product with many factors to consider such as heat generation.
    To summarize, Cole Instruments is investing in the research necessary to perfect a compatible agent that speeds wound healing and stimulates hair re-growth."

CITNews works at Dr. Cole's office