+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fin Side Issues

lol believe me if its mature hairline then it thinks im 50 not 27. skill with wax and style my friend. i hope in the future to have a HT . What norwood are you? you should get on the fin.

I'm quite similar to you. My hair is very thick on top and really everywhere that is hasn't receded. Most men in my family line are bald. My younger brother has experienced really significant hair thinning which (like I said) I haven't. My barber seems to think I will temple back a bit but won't go completely bald... I'm not as convinced given my likely heredity.

Like I've said though I'm really skeptical about the sides... To me it seems more worth it to let the hair go (if indeed it would) and then get a HT later vs. ED... I mean cmon... ED?? No thanks

yeah your decision mate, anyway theres other meds out there like minox and nizoral that are just as effective with no ED side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    yeah your decision mate, anyway theres other meds out there like minox and nizoral that are just as effective with no ED side effects.
    You sure they work they same? Once again thanks for your input btw!

Quote Originally Posted by typicallyconcerned View Post
    Like I've said though I'm really skeptical about the sides... To me it seems more worth it to let the hair go (if indeed it would) and then get a HT later vs. ED... I mean cmon... ED?? No thanks
    If you think that way I would have to advise against Propecia. One the fear of the drug acting up will never leave you and two personally I think you're right. I'm in the process of quitting myself, not even due to sides, due to realizing i don't want to risk my sex life for hair. Quitting has been a scary experience, i've been weaning myself off and i've had some prostate pain, perineum pain, testicle ache and for 2 days my penis was far more "shriveled" than usual and harder, like it were a solid tube all the way through, no sponginess to it. Those all went away and for the past 5 days I've had no issues, though I've been trying my hardest not to think about sex or anything like that as to not make myself nervous if something didn't work. As of yesterday im down to 1/16th of a pill.

All I can say is quitting has been a nerve wracking experience and I definitely realized hair is NOT worth any risk to your penis.

Just my 2 cents, and before anyone jumps down my throat, yes I've seen the studies, yes I know the chances. But when you happen to be in that 1% I can bet you won't think it was a smart gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    If you think that way I would have to advise against Propecia. One the fear of the drug acting up will never leave you and two personally I think you're right. I'm in the process of quitting myself, not even due to sides, due to realizing i don't want to risk my sex life for hair. Quitting has been a scary experience, i've been weaning myself off and i've had some prostate pain, perineum pain, testicle ache and for 2 days my penis was far more "shriveled" than usual and harder, like it were a solid tube all the way through, no sponginess to it. Those all went away and for the past 5 days I've had no issues, though I've been trying my hardest not to think about sex or anything like that as to not make myself nervous if something didn't work. As of yesterday im down to 1/16th of a pill.

All I can say is quitting has been a nerve wracking experience and I definitely realized hair is NOT worth any risk to your penis.

Just my 2 cents, and before anyone jumps down my throat, yes I've seen the studies, yes I know the chances. But when you happen to be in that 1% I can bet you won't think it was a smart gamble.

How long were you on fin? Also, if you don't mind sharing, where is/was your hairline?

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post

It's always good to hear narrative like this. When I first got shook by hair loss, I almost immediately bought fin on-line. Took me about two days to realize I really needed to see medical professionals first to: 1.) make damn sure I need fin, because I will need to commit to it, 2.) Get it from a reliable, consistent source.

Don't get me wrong; if my hair continues to deteriorate, I will start fin. The gamble is worth it to me. I'm glad I decided to use a bit of tact, and to not be impulsive. To take fin responsibly and to maximize its efficacy is certainly a commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by typicallyconcerned View Post
    How long were you on fin? Also, if you don't mind sharing, where is/was your hairline?
    I was on fin 5 months but the first month was slowly tapering on, took .25 for 2 months, then .5mg for 2 months the last month and a half of tapering off has taken me from .5 to .25 to .15 now down to like .1

So you know the first few weeks of fin gave me some breast tenderness and some ball ache. After that was gone I had no sides. Well it's possible i had a lowered libido but i was also fairly depressed at the time so that is what i usually blame for that.

Hairline is about a NW2-2.5 we're always the worst judges on our own hairlines. http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10309 here's a picture of my hairline.

and here's a few more http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10056

And to BigThinker yeah, it's a serious choice to make. One of the reasons why I think this forum needs people like Chrisis, you should be aware of the possible side effects. But don't feel like once you're on you're stuck. If you notice and aren't comfortable with side effects slowly taper yourself off. I'd advise against quitting cold turkey, from the research i've done the vast majority of people who get pfs or just bad post reactions are guys who quit. Due to the flat dosage rage .2 of fin and 1mg of fin do the same thing, so tapering off needs to be a slow decline from .25 all the way down to about .1 its frustrating to try to cut em that small but better safe then sorry.

And to clarify I don't think I'm going to have any permanent sides coming off this drug, i think the scary things i've seen is my body reacting and adjusting to all the DHT coming back, which shows that this shit can do some weird stuff. I survived the drop from .25 to .15 which should be a return of about 20-30% of my DHT so lets hope as i lower down to .1 and another 20-30% DHT returns my body still adjusts normally.

Great thanks for your help! Also your hair looks nice btw, wouldn't worry if I was you.

Can anyone tell me why the hair I'm losing is smaller in size? Is this miniaturization? Which would then mean a receding hairline correct?