+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Serious hair loss after hair cut

Ok so all hair loss serious to those involved. I was recently in Bolivia, south America and well I got this hair cut.... I thought the barber was using thinning scissors on the back top of my head and the front. As it turns out he was trying to make me look bald or at least thats my conclusion.No regular scissors were used to remove all most half my hair. For the first time I could see my scalp. I started getting concerned until I realised it was the cut.

Ever since this hair cut my hair has falling out at an alarming rate I'm sure its mpb but my question is it all possible to catch some thing from say unclean scissors or scissors previously used on someone with a skin condition

I currently travelling around the world In non English speaking countries but I'm working on seeing a doctor about this. Any advice appreciated.

wrote this on a two inch phone excuse mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Ok so all hair loss serious to those involved. I was recently in Bolivia, south America and well I got this hair cut.... I thought the barber was using thinning scissors on the back top of my head and the front. As it turns out he was trying to make me look bald or at least thats my conclusion.No regular scissors were used to remove all most half my hair. For the first time I could see my scalp. I started getting concerned until I realised it was the cut.

Ever since this hair cut my hair has falling out at an alarming rate I'm sure its mpb but my question is it all possible to catch some thing from say unclean scissors or scissors previously used on someone with a skin condition

I currently travelling around the world In non English speaking countries but I'm working on seeing a doctor about this. Any advice appreciated.

wrote this on a two inch phone excuse mistakes
    You need to see a doctor. They can use blood tests and biopsies to determine if it is a bacterial infection, and not MPB. The first part of your post doesn't make much sense to me; I don't get why he would use a thinning scissor over the entire top? Further, I don't think doing that would cause permanent inability to re-grown hair in those spots. Sounds more like you're in shock that your hair thinning (not that it is necessarily MPB).

Thanks BigThinker

Yes I'm going to try and get yo the doctor Monday. And put this to rest. As to the hair cut my hair normally gets thinned out when its cut as I have/had thick hair...
    The scissors went horizontaly into my hair and running my hands threw it after the cut there was stubble all threw it. So he did give e a strange hair cut.

At least I appreciated it when I had it

You won't of caught anything from the scissors to cause hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Thanks BigThinker

Yes I'm going to try and get yo the doctor Monday. And put this to rest. As to the hair cut my hair normally gets thinned out when its cut as I have/had thick hair...
    The scissors went horizontaly into my hair and running my hands threw it after the cut there was stubble all threw it. So he did give e a strange hair cut.

At least I appreciated it when I had it
    Haha. right on, brother.

Yeah, the stylist used to have to thin my hair out after a cut. I'm afraid that isn't the case any longer - bummer.