Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peabody
    • Nov 2012

Extreme scalp itch with minox

Starting using Minoxidil 5% couple of weeks ago and just started recently experiencing some pretty intense scalp itch after using it... is this normal?
  • Tiger norwood's
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by peabody
    Starting using Minoxidil 5% couple of weeks ago and just started recently experiencing some pretty intense scalp itch after using it... is this normal?
    It is a common side-effect, i had the same problem when i started using the product. Made then switch to rogaine foam and everything was fine, until i got severe wrinkles on my forehead and unwanted hair growth on my shoulders and neck/back. Did it do anything for my hair loss? not really. Do not expect much from it, i must state, like i always do, that spencer from the bald truth, have the same opinion about the drug.

Comment

• ChrisM
      • Jun 2012

Minoxidil has a delivery system of glycol or alcohol in its liquid form and albeit less it is still present in the foam version. This has the tendency to dry out the natural oils of the scalp and cause flakes and dandruff. My only recommedation to you here pendign that you aren't receiving any side effects as Tiger mentioned is to look about following up with a shampoo like Regenepure with caffeine, salisylic acid and saw palmetto and ketoconazole in it as active ingredients along with biotin. And you can supplement this with Nizoral once a week with ketoconazole in it both are not only topical androgen blockers for DHT washing it from the scalp but the first shampoo followed by the second recommedation usually takes away the itch that Minoxidil brings to the table.

Comment

• peabody
        • Nov 2012

Its completely dried out my scalp and I'm experiencing some shed... I understand that the dryness is a side-effect but the shedding has me concerned. If it's working I can manage but if it's hurting then I'm going to be pissed

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by Tiger norwood's
          ...until i got severe wrinkles on my forehead...
          someone notify Highlander!

Comment

• elnino
            • Sep 2012

yeah the same happened me and i was getting boils on forehead!! not as bad as it sounds but they were itchy! honestly it stopped after two months but it was hard persisting with it. whats more concerning to me now is that i feel like minox is making me shed hairs that would have been fine with just the fin and replacing them with less fuller strands of hair! what choice do i have, i want to regrow my hairline as best i can so just got to bear it. btw i was using minox 12% only this week ive changed to rogaine foam 5% so its prob going to **** me up somehow!! remember its for the greater good!!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	b2-l_p_7322_11_charlesmontgomeryburns.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	434806

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

I got extreme itchiness an dryness from 2% keto shampoo. Dropped it, per my derm recommendation, and switched to a 1% zinc pyrithion + moisturizing shampoo, and have been very pleased. I realize this isn't the drug you're speaking of, but maybe you will find it to help with your itching?

Regards.

Comment

Working...