+ Reply to Thread

Default Theoretically, would PGE2 stimulation+ PGD2 inhibition+ DHT inhibition= growth?

Making this quick. Was reading a thread on the hairloss forum that talked alot about PGE2 potentially being a big part of the puzzle.

obviously noone knows for sure, but I would love to discuss it and see if anything is in the works that anyone knows about. Or if anyone more knowledgeable could go into more detail on it.

PGE2 is lower than normal in a balding scalp.
    PGD2 is higher than normal in a balding scalp.

then of course dht(or is it the androgens? I'm not sure) are what really push hairloss forward.

interesting if this is the combination you would need, simply blocking pgd2 and/or dht may only halt or slow the loss, a stimulant may be needed to go to the next level.

EDIT: Unlike PGD2 unfortunately, it appears a PGE2 direct stimulator is quite expensive, around $800 for a gram. Although Min may stimulate PGE2, I'm not sure how powerful it is and apparently it may do the opposite.(although this is debateable.)

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Making this quick. Was reading a thread on the hairloss forum that talked alot about PGE2 potentially being a big part of the puzzle.

obviously noone knows for sure, but I would love to discuss it and see if anything is in the works that anyone knows about. Or if anyone more knowledgeable could go into more detail on it.

PGE2 is lower than normal in a balding scalp.
    PGD2 is higher than normal in a balding scalp.

then of course dht(or is it the androgens? I'm not sure) are what really push hairloss forward.

interesting if this is the combination you would need, simply blocking pgd2 and/or dht may only halt or slow the loss, a stimulant may be needed to go to the next level.

EDIT: Unlike PGD2 unfortunately, it appears a PGE2 direct stimulator is quite expensive, around $800 for a gram. Although Min may stimulate PGE2, I'm not sure how powerful it is and apparently it may do the opposite.(although this is debateable.)
    I'm not sure we have a full picture of the effects pdg2 + pde2 have on hair loss, in practice at least. I've yet to see anyone get results from using experimental products that inhibit pdg2 and/or increase pde2, but it is early days, and I doubt doing that alone would give cosmetic results.
    But, if pdg2 + pde2 are as important as the science indicates, then we could be looking at good things. With the addition of, not just something that inhibits DHT systematically, but the use of Anti-Androgens, I imagine hairloss would be effectively halted for a lot of people. Add Histogen to the mix, which is something that repairs inherently important issues underneath the skin and around the follicles to encourage regrowth, and I think we are in a very good place.
    The science is there, but only time will tell if a combination like this will work in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    I'm not sure we have a full picture of the effects pdg2 + pde2 have on hair loss, in practice at least. I've yet to see anyone get results from using experimental products that inhibit pdg2 and/or increase pde2, but it is early days, and I doubt doing that alone would give cosmetic results.
    But, if pdg2 + pde2 are as important as the science indicates, then we could be looking at good things. With the addition of, not just something that inhibits DHT systematically, but the use of Anti-Androgens, I imagine hairloss would be effectively halted for a lot of people. Add Histogen to the mix, which is something that repairs inherently important issues underneath the skin and around the follicles to encourage regrowth, and I think we are in a very good place.
    The science is there, but only time will tell if a combination like this will work in practice.
    Of course not - what's going to happen with this whole PGD2 malarky is Cotsarelis will eventually end up doing a clinical trial in humans, he will see a few vellus hairs and declare it another defunct idea then say "oh well it worked for mice but what works for mice wont necessarily work for humans".

Source: it's the same scenario that's been going on for decades, I dont expected it to change any time soon.