+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by typicallyconcerned View Post
    Also, has anyone gotten this hairdx test? Appreciate the results?
    If you search the forums, I think you'll find a few people who have at least mentioned it. I havn't checked it out myself. I think if I was to have any of those tests done, I'd prefer to see a professional. I was only offering that as an alternative route if you lived in the boonies.

But, since you apparently live in close proximity to Mpls and Rochester, I'd hit them up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    If you search the forums, I think you'll find a few people who have at least mentioned it. I havn't checked it out myself. I think if I was to have any of those tests done, I'd prefer to see a professional. I was only offering that as an alternative route if you lived in the boonies.

But, since you apparently live in close proximity to Mpls and Rochester, I'd hit them up.
    So you're saying they will do the same/adequate tests? (BTW thanks you vm for the help)

So you're saying they will do the same/adequate tests? (BTW thanks you vm for the help)
    I have no idea. If you can make it to Minneapolis, you could see the exact same Dr. I did. I just think that research universities are more inclined to be on the up-and-up, when it comes to things like hair loss. Mayo is a pretty iconic research university, especially for the health-related. For all I know, they don't even have a derm department.

Well i took a roughly 25 mg of fin today and my right nut is sore... should I wait it out for at least a week or what?

Excuse me I meant .25

Excuse me I meant .25
    I havn't started fin yet. My derm advised I get a blood test (which I did) then wait 3-4 months to see where I'm at. So, I'm just monitoring at this point.

I really can't tell you what to do. I think the most reasonable thing to do is see a Dr. if you're concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I havn't started fin yet. My derm advised I get a blood test (which I did) then wait 3-4 months to see where I'm at. So, I'm just monitoring at this point.

I really can't tell you what to do. I think the most reasonable thing to do is see a Dr. if you're concerned.
    If I can pull out 10-15 hairs from the top of my head at a time does this mean I'm likely balding? I could probably do this 3ish times a day.

If I can pull out 10-15 hairs from the top of my head at a time does this mean I'm likely balding? I could probably do this 3ish times a day.
    I'd be more interested in the quality of hair you're losing. You'll drive yourself crazy counting hairs. You should be more concerned with miniaturization. However once I found out what miniaturization looked like, I ended up getting alarmed whenever I saw one, even if it was rare.

You'll find peace of mind seeing a professional. Just be transparent about your concerns so they can address them. I felt my concern was unresolved when I saw a GP for 5 min. I then saw a derm for the better part of 15, and felt in a good place afterwards. Just my experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hair shafts are all in different cycles. They will shed in their own cycle.

if the hair that has shed appears thinner and weaker than the rest of your hair then possibly a sign of it miniaturising however.
    Usually when I shed a hair that is thinner in diameter it is almost always smaller in length as well. Would that be a sign of miniaturization as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NOT ME View Post
    Usually when I shed a hair that is thinner in diameter it is almost always smaller in length as well. Would that be a sign of miniaturization as well?
    It's my understanding that miniaturizing hair are thinner in diameter, and also grow slower until they grow no more. After a haircut, the miniaturized hairs should be a few steps behind their healthy counter-parts as times goes on.

My theory anyways.