+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Buzzing your hair is the worst idea ever

Hey guys, which style do you consider as the best to look your best and as young as possible when you are a norwood 3? I buzzed my hair and I felt like I just went completly bald instantly? I keep it short and buzz the sides and I defintly look better

I used to wear them longer and straightened, I felt amazing but it would increase the shed.

What are you guy's recommendations and do you agree that buzzing is really a terrible idea?

This is what I'm afraid will happen.

LOL lumpy head is great

thats not majority of people issue, its the alien egg head thing.

buzz cut can lead to drastic change. but, i think its best option for NW3. i.e. for ur mental peace. u dont have to worry abt styling or covering up or wind blowing. my advise is to buzz it & try to treat it (with Big 3). once they improve u can keep it longer.

Go mohawk, or shave the sides very short and leave more on the top, it will make the hairloss appear less than it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Go mohawk, or shave the sides very short and leave more on the top, it will make the hairloss appear less than it is!
    Lol. [Not to be facetious or anything, but...]I work with a dude with extreme diffusion, and he keeps his hair like 4 inches long on top. It's parted down the middle and their is like 1/2 inch wide "part" where there is no hair running down the middle. If he tried this tactic it would be like 5 spiked hairs.

Basically what I'm saying is, I will go super short if I hit NW4 (and gradually shorter leading up to that point). I've seen enough balding guys with various styles to feel that is the best option for me. There is just no way in helll I will ever rock the horse-shoe.

i buzz mine once every 16 months anyway regardless of thinning. blade 1 all over, its good for the scalp i think and your roots...i let the mane grow back then so i have it back again in 3 months also since ive been using the treatments minox its a damn site easier to use with shaved head!

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Lol. [Not to be facetious or anything, but...]I work with a dude with extreme diffusion, and he keeps his hair like 4 inches long on top. It's parted down the middle and their is like 1/2 inch wide "part" where there is no hair running down the middle. If he tried this tactic it would be like 5 spiked hairs.

Basically what I'm saying is, I will go super short if I hit NW4 (and gradually shorter leading up to that point). I've seen enough balding guys with various styles to feel that is the best option for me. There is just no way in helll I will ever rock the horse-shoe.
    oo ya it depends on the person i guess, my bro is a NW3 goin on NW 4 and it looks great when he shaves it, once it gets past 2 inches though, it looks bad

the only good thing is I wish I had done that five years ago when I was still in denial and my hair wasn't really thicker actually. I went from norwood 2.5 to 3 but if I had buzzed my hair when I was denying the thinning I would have realized and treated it sooner.

Im leaning to buzzing more out of I cba with thin hair etc. Ill admit its a big step to make and Ive been avoiding it all month so far.

On the plus side, if you're tanned and toned and smooth, it will rock.