+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    OP; I don't understand how the ****** you're a NW1 no buzzcut, and suddenly a NW3 with buzzcut. This is beyond me. Entirely.

A lot of us with longer hair are delusional, a buzz cut can tell you exactly where you stand. When I started to admit I was going bald, I thought I was on my way to norwood 2 but I clearly was closer to NW3, because I had longer hair that I would comb forward.

I have masculine features, a dark skin complexion, I can grow a 5 o'clock shadow stubble in no time, my skull shape is fine, I'm athletic and tall. How does a buzz cut look on me? HORRIBLE. Let's face it it looks like shit on everyone some people are better looking than others with it but even Statham would look 100 times better with a nice head of hair. I'll never buy the "rock a stubble and you'll feel like a milion bucks" crap we hear all the time. Hair is precious, it must be kept and styled.

the longer my hair gets the worse it looks, when i get it cut i go really short on the sides and just trim the top, and it looks decent for 2 weeeks, then i need another haircut lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    the longer my hair gets the worse it looks, when i get it cut i go really short on the sides and just trim the top, and it looks decent for 2 weeeks, then i need another haircut lol
    Exactly, every couple of weeks I have a 10 minute trim and it instantly looks better!that's why you should seriously consider investment in a pair of clippers. You make your money back within a few months!

I usually cut it every 3 weeks, 3 on the side and 8 on top.

Unk-
    Thanks for the reply. I'll check that out if I get the guts to cut my own hair. My back is super thick like my top used to be once upon a time. What's weird with my density is that my sides all the way back to my ears is really thin (beyond and more extensive than my temples). Back has got to be the hardest. Might have to get a chick to try and cut the back for me best she can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unk View Post
    Exactly, every couple of weeks I have a 10 minute trim and it instantly looks better!that's why you should seriously consider investment in a pair of clippers. You make your money back within a few months!
    This.

I'm a diffuse thinner and after a certain length it just looks damn awful with bald spots poking out everywhere. I get it trimmed every 2-3 weeks and it looks better, plus I feel better. Last summer I had a barbecue with some friends I hadn't seen in 2 years and got lots of comments of people saying with a laugh "you trimmed your hair down well short", apparently not noticing I was going bald.

I prefer to be seen a guy with really short hair, than a balding guy with long.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    This.

I'm a diffuse thinner and after a certain length it just looks damn awful with bald spots poking out everywhere. I get it trimmed every 2-3 weeks and it looks better, plus I feel better. Last summer I had a barbecue with some friends I hadn't seen in 2 years and got lots of comments of people saying with a laugh "you trimmed your hair down well short", apparently not noticing I was going bald.

I prefer to be seen a guy with really short hair, than a balding guy with long.
    Couldn't agree more. People with extreme diffusion who try to keep their hair long confuse me. I'm already going shorter and shorter and this progresses...

Though I am with the OP that a buzzcut is an over-prescribed remedy for the balding guy, and should be reserved for the NW4+ for example.

Too short and my pattern is way more obvious, and hairline is simply exagerated. I shaved my head maybe 6 weeks ago, and I can say with absolute certainty that it looks less obvious now (1.5cm on top, grade 2 back and sides) than it has the past 6 weeks. Once it starts to look worse, maybe at 3cm, i'll optimise! But everyones different.

Right. I think the prescription of buzzing isn't just for looks, but to make someone basically face baldness head-on.

I've changed how I style my hair monthly for the past 8-9 months since my hairline got weak and I started thinning. It isn't getting better, so I am continually having to shift or re-invent how I go about prepping my hair for the day. Really frustrating when less than a year ago I was parting my hair at the cowlick and slicking it back, and now parting shows my diffusion at the part (my cowlick side is worse than the other side anyways) while slicking it back shows diffusion at the hairline and frontal lob and a weak/shaky hairline. I mean, it's really frustrating for someone who identified themself by their dark thick hair less than a year ago. [my hair loss is moderately aggressive]

Sometimes I get so frustrated I want to grab the clipper and shave it all off. Two things hold me back: 1) My days of being able to hide my hair loss are numbered, I may as well squeeze whatever I can out of it, 2) I'm afraid the diffusion will be so much more obvious with a buzzed head that the shock will be devastating. I typically have a cool mind on all this stuff, but damn it's tough sometimes.

If my diffusion ever gets so bad I can see my scalp when my hair is dry, I will be buzzing my head. Even if it's after my start fin and I can prospectively attribute shedding to the effectiveness of the drug, I'll still do it.

This is probably the closest I'll ever get to ranting.

Hey BT (I know you're BigThinker, but I like BT...), anyway, that day is fast approaching me. Im not yet on Fin...seriously considering it though. My aim is Fin, short haircut and just get the hell on with life.

Although, I see your point, getting the cut done is a bloody big step!!