+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Im leaning to buzzing more out of I cba with thin hair etc. Ill admit its a big step to make and Ive been avoiding it all month so far.

On the plus side, if you're tanned and toned and smooth, it will rock.
    Totally.. That's the difference between people who are permanently crippled by hair loss and those who triumph over it; making controllable changes in your life. My dad actually has the same pointy head as me and he is NW7 since like age 25, but the old man (56 now) works out first thing in the morning an in the afternoon everyday. Needless to say, the old boy looks pretty damn good with or without hair. (Plus, he has the grown man Tom Selleck mustache going).

I think my thinning is worse than I give it credit for. I might buzz my head to see. I'm thinking that might alarm me enough to get on fin, as opposed to waiting until Feb (which is when I see my derm again).

Regards.

Normal hair vs buzz cut, pictures:

In which galaxy could a buzz cut be a good idea?
    before

after

a few days after, when I started going out of my house a little bit and received constant teasing about my balding

and a very recent picture, I can accept this look

LESSON LEARNED

I will always keep my hair short on top and the longuest buzz on the side. But going really short is the worst advice ever

Hey assemblage.

I too just buzzed my hair, almost down to bone i might add. I just had a hair transplant and felt my transplant would be better if I shaved my hair down to the same length as the transplanted hairs.

Except now they all fell out and so my hair is about 1/4 inch long and looks worse.

I will show you if you can tell me how you got the round white oval on your face to hide your identity.

Strong forelock man. If you can deal with the effort of cuts and styles, jude law usually rocks your identical hairline with a layered cut about 5cm long max. Wow, i've never felt so feminine writing something.

Personally I'm not as lucky as you to have such a forelock, so my 2A and diffuse thinning is way less aesthetic imo. I personally give myself a grade 1-2 on the back and sides every couple of weeks, and 2-4cm on top.

Remember, when it's growing out that you are going to want to cut the back and sides pretty regularly, i'm not sure anyone can grow out their hair equal length all over, it looks ridiculous.

Oh, and I buzz my hair every several months. It's pretty liberating I must admit, but very cold and not as attractive for me personally. I like your hair by the way, no homo

@drybone: It is very easy just right click modify the picture!

@unk thanks for the comments I still feel my forelock is falling apart since I discontinued minox for a while, now I have learned my lesson and I will add Nizoral to the mix and be consistent, but you need a prescritption where I live what a pain in the ass.

How would you make the most of a Jude Law forelock? I think I'm going to keep it at medium length and I'll part it to one side. I like my hair straightened but apparently it is also devastating on your density if you do it often.

Assemblege-
    I agree with unk. The hair style you are rocking now looks way better than the buzz cut; I'm basically eating my words about the buzzing thing. Yeah, I think you might like the part thing (it was the hair I rocked this time last year before I started thinning/receding). But beware it'll expose your hairline, which is why I had to quit slicking it back aggressively.

Unk-
    How do you buzz the back and sides and have it "fade" into longer hair up top? My back and sides definitely grow faster than my top now. Not only that, but a sharp trip back/neck line is paramount.

I know a random dozen or so balding or bald guys and those that its obvious on I have not heard one peep from anyone regarding teasing.

How damn old are the people you are around? And I mean mentally, not physically.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    I know a random dozen or so balding or bald guys and those that its obvious on I have not heard one peep from anyone regarding teasing.

How damn old are the people you are around? And I mean mentally, not physically.
    Around 19, 20 years old.

OP; I don't understand how the ****** you're a NW1 no buzzcut, and suddenly a NW3 with buzzcut. This is beyond me. Entirely.

Well from what i've seen over the past decade, he's pulled off this haircut even when he's a NW3. I'm not a hairdresser but I guess it's a medium length, longer at the front, layered and swept forward. He does have professionals cutting and colouring it though. Worth a try I think.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Okg-Ei-59N...7d08e3c932.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...ET_468x330.jpghttp://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...ET_468x330.jpg

Bigthinker: I got my foundational ideas from this loon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pht0v-HGBZs

I think the length depends on your hair thickness, and your hair loss. I guess my hair is reasonably thin naturally, compared to the dude in the video. So at a grade 2 back and sides (or a few mm shorter with my beard trimmer sometimes) it takes off like 75% of the normal hair density because you can see some scalp everywhere. Then at any length above 1cm on the top it looks thicker than the sides and back, a nifty optical illusion. The guy in this video hasn't reduced his hair density appearance at grade 2, I guess he would need a grade 1 for example.

The "fade" is much simpler than you would think. I've been cutting my hair for several months now, and i'm so glad I never have to go to the hairdressers again. (see video) I usually do a 2 back and sides, 1 at the bottom of the back. Something longer (grade 3) to fade the top and sides, and any longer grade on top for 2-3cm, or scissors like the guy in the video.

The hairline at the back is however weirdly hard to do yourself, so I haven't been bothered to learn it. Grade 1 at the back and my neck hair is just normal buzzed head look I think. It's almost like neck hair is more acceptable for buzzed heads from what i've seen!