+ Reply to Thread

Default lethargy a side effect of fin?

hi all,

been on fin now over a year, lately ive been feeling very fatigued. abnormally as in my job is not stressful and my life isnt but lately when i have a chance to do physical sports i refuse as i feel so tired in the evenings, very drowsy. i read somewhere that it IS a side effect of fin but getting it over ayear on them?

anyway ive been feeling like this the last month, im eating the right stuff and cant think of anything else that could cause it so maybe it is the fin.

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    hi all,

been on fin now over a year, lately ive been feeling very fatigued. abnormally as in my job is not stressful and my life isnt but lately when i have a chance to do physical sports i refuse as i feel so tired in the evenings, very drowsy. i read somewhere that it IS a side effect of fin but getting it over ayear on them?

anyway ive been feeling like this the last month, im eating the right stuff and cant think of anything else that could cause it so maybe it is the fin.
    See a doctor, many things can cause fatigue...diabetes, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    hi all,

Sounds exactly like what I noticed while taking the crap. I can practically guarantee that it's the finasteride. I know you probably won't do this, but I wish you could. I noticed this about 2/4weeks after going off finasteride. My energy level, libido, basic desire came back in a very noticeable way. Also gone were the evening and morning "brain fogs" that felt horrible. I understand most people will never quit fin this way and hence notice the obvious difference, but it's the drug doing what you're talking about.

Brother, please go to your doctor and request comprehensive blood and hormone tests, possibly even sperm analysis. You may have to embellish your symptoms slightly to give your doctor reason to order these, unless he is well versed in endocrinology/urology. If you just say you are 'tired' you wont get what you need.

Default Yes I would Agree

That I experienced this when I was on the stuff. What dosage are you taking? I was able to overcome or counter act this with determination ( I am a consistent runner) and caffeine. I would not take the stuff if I had it to do over. The side effects were under played by my doctor. Since more information has been gained. I trust he wasn’t aware of them at the time either.

im taking the recommended 1mg of fin a day. i was thinking about lowering the dose but not sure, im buying energy drinks aswell and taking vitamins but no good. il have to make an appointment with the doc to see if it is the fin. i dont want to risk coming off fin as it might upset the progress i have with it. if it comes down to it and it is confirmed as a side effect then il have to try to wade it out or lower the dose

Your not over doing the dosage. I think it just comes with the territory. If your gonna take the stuff there are consequences that you have to accept. I was on the stuff for 5 years. It kept the hair that I had, but didn't grow any more. I felt the fatigue set in early on during my initial use. I wasn't sure initially if it was the drug or the onset of age.

Like I said. I wouldn't do it over again, knowing what I do now.