• typicallyconcerned
    • Nov 2012

Wouldn't lose any sleep over it

Comment

• Ink
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by typicallyconcerned
      Wouldn't lose any sleep over it
      Well, I'm only 18 so I really should get on fin early, if it keeps progressing of course... Here a pic of my right temple:
      Attached Files

Comment

• sausage
        • Jan 2012

Shave it off and get hench. Sorted.

Comment

• dex89
          • Jul 2012

You are balding my friend, see a dermatologist and get on rogaine and Propecia.

Comment

• Ink
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by dex89
            You are balding my friend, see a dermatologist and get on rogaine and Propecia.
            Yes, not that you convinced me of it but that's what my conclusion is as well after several months of monitoring it/comparing... Took my first fin pill today (1/4 5mg finasteride). I have a hard time cutting the pieces in 100% even, if I'd get say 1mg one day and 1.5mg the next would that have an effect on the hormone system negatively you think?

Comment

• Artista
              • Apr 2010

your head of hair looks GOOD. Hair loss isnt a concern for you right now but listen to the advice you get here.

Comment

• dex89
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Ink
                Yes, not that you convinced me of it but that's what my conclusion is as well after several months of monitoring it/comparing... Took my first fin pill today (1/4 5mg finasteride). I have a hard time cutting the pieces in 100% even, if I'd get say 1mg one day and 1.5mg the next would that have an effect on the hormone system negatively you think?
                I also have a hard time cutting it and had larger mg then 1.25mg but it hasn't effected me. I really don't think it will harm you either, just keep practing and you'll be able to cut the pill like a pro lol

Comment

• Ink
                  • Aug 2012

Ok, I'll try to describe some mental side effects after the first pill (it might be placebo but I don't think so). First, it felt as I lost the steady mental buzz of androgens, making me slightly more anxious... Then, I felt an extreme increase in energy, well-being and thusly confidence, probably due to the increase in testosterone? Of course this sounds very much like placebo but I am assured it's not, it fits into my knowledge of how hormones affects you... what do ya think?

Comment

• typicallyconcerned
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Ink
                    Ok, I'll try to describe some mental side effects after the first pill (it might be placebo but I don't think so). First, it felt as I lost the steady mental buzz of androgens, making me slightly more anxious... Then, I felt an extreme increase in energy, well-being and thusly confidence, probably due to the increase in testosterone? Of course this sounds very much like placebo but I am assured it's not, it fits into my knowledge of how hormones affects you... what do ya think?
                    Quite honestly I'm 99.9% sure this is just your psych reaction. Honestly how often were you thinking about "what are my fx" ?? I bet quite a bit... take one and just forget about it then come post

Comment

• Ink
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by typicallyconcerned
                      Quite honestly I'm 99.9% sure this is just your psych reaction. Honestly how often were you thinking about "what are my fx" ?? I bet quite a bit... take one and just forget about it then come post
                      Theoretically this is what you should feel when your dht decreases and testosterone increases dramatically isn't it? But I'll keep you posted...

Comment

• Ink
                        • Aug 2012

Ok, my test levels have definitely sky-rocketed, I've been feeling full of energy, and VITALITY since last night I took the pill... If it is the case do you think the test levels will go down eventually, how does it work?

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Ink
                          Hang on a minute - did you just start taking Finasteride based upon the comments of this forum and your own opinion (looking in mirror/pictures)? I hope you sought a professional opinion from a doctor who concluded it is male pattern baldness. You have to remember there are different forms of hair loss, and from what you have shown, it is difficult, if not impossible to tell whether you are even slightly thinning.

Comment

• Ink
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                            Hang on a minute - did you just start taking Finasteride based upon the comments of this forum and your own opinion (looking in mirror/pictures)? I hope you sought a professional opinion from a doctor who concluded it is male pattern baldness. You have to remember there are different forms of hair loss, and from what you have shown, it is difficult, if not impossible to tell whether you are even slightly thinning.
                            I've been monitoring my hair and read hair loss forums, research around the subject, effects of DHT etc for over a year, I'd say I know my stuff. I've been to a derm yes although they couldn't prescribe fin just minox. Any thoughts on the test levels question?

Comment

• notat24
                              • Dec 2012

I think if you are like that at 18 then you are definitely on a fast track to being bald, luckily you are doing something about it now!! Don't worry, you have time on your side since you have barely lost anything.

Comment

Working...