+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by typicallyconcerned View Post
    Quite honestly I'm 99.9% sure this is just your psych reaction. Honestly how often were you thinking about "what are my fx" ?? I bet quite a bit... take one and just forget about it then come post
    Theoretically this is what you should feel when your dht decreases and testosterone increases dramatically isn't it? But I'll keep you posted...

Ok, my test levels have definitely sky-rocketed, I've been feeling full of energy, and VITALITY since last night I took the pill... If it is the case do you think the test levels will go down eventually, how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink View Post
    Yes, not that you convinced me of it but that's what my conclusion is as well after several months of monitoring it/comparing... Took my first fin pill today (1/4 5mg finasteride). I have a hard time cutting the pieces in 100% even, if I'd get say 1mg one day and 1.5mg the next would that have an effect on the hormone system negatively you think?
    Hang on a minute - did you just start taking Finasteride based upon the comments of this forum and your own opinion (looking in mirror/pictures)? I hope you sought a professional opinion from a doctor who concluded it is male pattern baldness. You have to remember there are different forms of hair loss, and from what you have shown, it is difficult, if not impossible to tell whether you are even slightly thinning.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Hang on a minute - did you just start taking Finasteride based upon the comments of this forum and your own opinion (looking in mirror/pictures)? I hope you sought a professional opinion from a doctor who concluded it is male pattern baldness. You have to remember there are different forms of hair loss, and from what you have shown, it is difficult, if not impossible to tell whether you are even slightly thinning.
    I've been monitoring my hair and read hair loss forums, research around the subject, effects of DHT etc for over a year, I'd say I know my stuff. I've been to a derm yes although they couldn't prescribe fin just minox. Any thoughts on the test levels question?

I think if you are like that at 18 then you are definitely on a fast track to being bald, luckily you are doing something about it now!! Don't worry, you have time on your side since you have barely lost anything.

So I'm not sure if I should start minox, if my understanding is correct in only promotes temporary new hair growth and doesnt actually slow the balding process otherwise?

Minox will slow the processing down but be aware that if you start minoxidil, Fin, or anything hair loss products you will shed but this is NORMAL.

I took my last fin pill a few days ago, developed mild gyno/puffy nipples. I saw significant regrowth/thickening in the crown and front on finasteride, hoping I won't be bald in a few months.

Could have just used a low dose of an AI, I have one on hand just in case I get any signs of gyno appearing, much easier than accepting defeat and baldness which is likely what you've just done.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    Could have just used a low dose of an AI, I have one on hand just in case I get any signs of gyno appearing, much easier than accepting defeat and baldness which is likely what you've just done.
    Might try that in the future, not sure. Good AIs seem really expensive (got the fin real cheap)