+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How do i tackle this ? PICS

I asked this on the RU thread but did not get any replies
    I would really appreciate the input from people on here seeing you all have experience with a lot of different hariloss products.

To cut it short,i had a HT almost 2 months ago which covered most of my
    NW6 leaving me a bald patch at the crown where i have a lot of miniature hairs.

While awaiting the HT results to progress ,i want to try and thicken the miniature hairs on the crown and the sides as shown in my pics .
    But i have no idea what to use . I am currently taking 10000mcg biotin a day and rogaine twice a day .

Money is not a massive issue so i could use stuff like RU if necessary but i dont want any major sides like FIN would give etc .

Thanks for all replies in advance

there are not guranteed sides on fin. i mean i think those affected are more than 2% but a lot of people dont have them. also its the best drug to take effective wise, what you should do is take fin, and if the sides are showing then come off it and try something like nourikin or viviscal tablets but their effectiveness is not certain.

It is an improvement seeing where the hair has filled in the crown in your pictures.. a marked one at that. However with that said I admit that I am not totally sold on RU as opposed to Propecia/ Finasteride.. a product that while it has side effects has been used for the better part of nearly two decades with clinical results in hair gains that have changed people's lives for the better over the long run. This is in combination with Rogaine( Minoxidil 5%) and Ketoconazole. I can now say I was a Norwood 5 easily progressng slowly into NW6 and with that regimen over a 6 month period without let up I now see the miniature hairs darkening in the crown hair area of my scalp and my vertex is filling in nicely which is making me excited when a full year passes what I might see since my hair has been so responsive to that treatment.

Regrowth around the temple + hairline region aint easy. In my view, your best bet would be RU + AHK-CU.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Vinny, good luck on your results. I see that you had an FUT ,,how is the scarring ? Lucky you that the costs are a major issue in your lifestyle.
    Can you help a brother out? LOL,, where did you get your work done Vin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Regrowth around the temple + hairline region aint easy. In my view, your best bet would be RU + AHK-CU.
    Dan , have you used this combination yourself ? Any sides ?

I am seriously not interested in FIN at all guys , i have heard so many horror stories
    I wanted this thread to be FIN free ! Otherwise there are a lot of other threads on the forum ,i can read how great it is as well as totally opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Vinny, good luck on your results. I see that you had an FUT ,,how is the scarring ? Lucky you that the costs are a major issue in your lifestyle.
    Can you help a brother out? LOL,, where did you get your work done Vin'?
    I had FUE !! 4000 odd grafts and no scarring thank you

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post

I am seriously not interested in FIN at all guys , i have heard so many horror stories
    I wanted this thread to be FIN free ! Otherwise there are a lot of other threads on the forum ,i can read how great it is as well as totally opposite.
    I haven't used it myself man, though I am getting on RU very soon. I don't really need much if any regrowth, just maintenance, and I think RU works well for the hairline + temples. People who do want regrowth sometimes get it from RU alone, but usually add AHK-CU to increase the chances.
    I can't speak to much on sides, I always feel uncomfortable recommending any treatment without telling someone to research it themselves first. At high doses, RU and AHK-CU can produce sides, or in the case of AHK-CU actually be bad for your hair. I personally think that they are both safe at low doses, and seeing as you are targeting a small area, it may be worth trying. In terms of anecdotal evidence, I've only heard of sides at high doses of RU (androgenic sides similar to those of fin). It is simply because there is a small amount of systemic absorption. They generally resolve in days after use. And I am talking about guys who used 200+mg, you would probably only need 50mg. I am personally hoping to get on CB-03-01 in the near future aswell, as it is the only Anti-Androgen to make it to clincal trials (currently in them for acne and hairloss), and the safety profile is amazing!

Curious though, why not just get an additional HT to treat those areas? Especially the temple region, as that is a difficult part on the scalp to grow hair back, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    Please do yourself a really big favor and talk to a real doctor instead of looking for answers on an online forum.

The Biotin you are taking isn't going to do much for you. Rogaine is likely to help but it will take time. Finasteride is the med most likely to help you but you need to make that decision yourself - based on conversations and advice from real doctors.