+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Just curious... What makes you think the fin is causing your epidytimitis?.. I have suffered from it chronicaly long before fin. It can be very stubborn to get rid of. My urologist told me it can take up to a 6 week course of antibiotics to get rid of it.

Well I broke up with a longterm gf and took a break from fin for about a month and wasn't sexually active during that month (it's generally an std side right?) and when I got back on fin next thing you know my chest is hurting like crazy and I've got swelling and aching below the belt.

Whenever I stop fin it calms down and whenever I take fin it flares up. So just putting one and one together there. Could be something else but I doubt it.

All I know is it sucks and I feel your pain.

Mine comes and goes often. I haven't really been able to correlate it w anything. It's technically just inflammation of the epidytimis- most often caused by infection, but not always. But yeah it sucks... Sometimes if my gf touches the wrong spot, I hit the frigging ceiling in pain.

So ****ing ridiculous:

I went off fin for about three weeks because I ran out of Myomin, ordered some more, and was shipped the wrong product. So I finally got some about a week ago and I took roughly .2 mg of propecia spaced 3 days apart. I now have intense aching in my chest and my nipples have once again gotten that puffy look of gynecomastia. This is with me taking 7-8 Myomin pills a day. I'm starting to worry that the Myomin is actually making things worse.

It's a god damn vicious circle. If I don't take finasteride I go bald, if I take finasteride I get manboobs. Which is worse?! And wtf happened? I was taking 1mg of finasteride every day for like 5 years and suddenly I can't handle .2 every 3 days? So frustrating.

Looks like I'm going to order some letrozole and see what happens. ****ing unfair that I can't even use fin...

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    So ****ing ridiculous:

I went off fin for about three weeks because I ran out of Myomin, ordered some more, and was shipped the wrong product. So I finally got some about a week ago and I took roughly .2 mg of propecia spaced 3 days apart. I now have intense aching in my chest and my nipples have once again gotten that puffy look of gynecomastia. This is with me taking 7-8 Myomin pills a day. I'm starting to worry that the Myomin is actually making things worse.

It's a god damn vicious circle. If I don't take finasteride I go bald, if I take finasteride I get manboobs. Which is worse?! And wtf happened? I was taking 1mg of finasteride every day for like 5 years and suddenly I can't handle .2 every 3 days? So frustrating.

Looks like I'm going to order some letrozole and see what happens. ****ing unfair that I can't even use fin...
    I don't understand why you would continue to take a drug that is creating such problems for you, let alone the fact you took that poison for 5 years+. I took 1mg for 6 months before I noticed the ever slow creeping of gyno, excess belly and side weight, stuttering and brain fog issues, and low libido with weak erections. It was almost like I was forcing myself to ignore these side effects because I wanted my hair. So I personally decreased my dose to .5mg EOD hoping they would cease for another 6 months...NOPE! My pecs turned into boobs and soon people were commenting on my extreme puffy nipples. All this to protect my hair..and I thought going bald was bad.. Try having somebody comment on you having pizza nips.

Long rant short..I quit Propecia immediately after I received those comments and FORTUNATELY for me I am currently 90% recovered 10 months post Fin. But that's not the kicker, the most ironic part about taking that poison was that it did absolutely nothing for my hair. Nothing. I put my body through hell taking that drug to keep and regrow hair and it did nothing. That's what crushes me the most.

Now I have strong morning woodies back, high energy in the AM, body weight decreased, strengths at the gym came back, got ripped. It's honestly unbelieveable I and others took or continue to take this poison. One of the biggest regrets of my life, but thank god I'm almost 100%.

reason I took it was because it saved my hair for 6 years bro. I was thinning quick at 21, hopped on and regrew my crown plus kept my hairline at bay for 6 years. in the past year off I've lost an entire Norwood. No fool would take it for that long if it did nothing. now I'm ****ed without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    reason I took it was because it saved my hair for 6 years bro. I was thinning quick at 21, hopped on and regrew my crown plus kept my hairline at bay for 6 years. in the past year off I've lost an entire Norwood. No fool would take it for that long if it did nothing. now I'm ****ed without it.
    I hear you. I really do. It's a cold world out there and going bald is a vicious cycle depression, frustration, and hopelessness.

Sad part is, I guarantee you don't remember how you and your body were pre Fin all those years ago. With me the sides crept slowly minus the weak erection issue. But I learned to live with it and convinced myself they were minor. Now creeping towards a year post FIN it's truly unbelieveable the role DHT plays in the body. I feel better in every way and fortunately for me my hair has only slowly decayed.

I'd argue I'm more obsessed about my hair and going bald then anyone on this forum, that's why we are here right? But I'd never touch FIN again even if it did regrow my hair and keep my hairline at bay. Now after getting off and seeing my body transform to the athletic build it was prior and everything else I discussed, not a chance! Now that the effects are diminishing on your end..I honestly don't see why you continue.

What's next? Duta? Terrible bro. Terrible.

I am strongly considering RU. Whatever's next has to be topical, I can't take anymore pills. Honestly I plan on having a HT when I'm 30 (2 years), so I would just like to maintain until then. My plan is to get a straight NW1-ish hairline from Dr. Rahal then just ride it out until Histogen or something saves the day. If all else fails I think I could go to Rahal then to Dr. Gho every few years to fill up areas behind the hairline, but Jesus that would get old, not to mention expensive.

If I could just keep my hair as is I'd probably hesitate even to get a HT, which is why propecia really would save me but for the sides.

(repeat post)