+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Propecia

Default Propecia

Hey just a quick message about it...

I started Propecia (0.33 a day) + Nizoral (once every 3 to 4 days) about 4 weeks ago and my hair (receeding + thinning at front) feels so much better than it's felt in MONTHS!

I know realistically hardly anything will have happened but i've actually started wearing a hat a lot less than i would. Even a house mate of mine said she thought my hair is looking good, which is random as she's never mentioned anything before, nor does she know i'm taking prop.

To someone thinking about taking propecia...
    Before taking propecia i read lots online, some good, lots bad etc etc..
    I chewed over it for months and months, realistically nearer a year +. In the end you can either do something about it or keep watching the hair go.

I'm aware i take a small dose but i take it everyday and forget all about it. I don't worry myself about the possible side effects. I am fully aware of the mind can make you think you're having side effects (i had a break down around 2 years ago, convinced myself i had something really wrong with me, had MRI scans, spinal tap.. blah blah blah etc etc... and it turns out i was very anxious/paranoid - which i now put it down to using lots of drugs, but not hard drugs!)......
    anyway.. so i carry on as i normally would every day, and forget all about it.

I have had no side effects at all. I'm still as horny as normal, and can maintain an errection. No shedding (as for shedding i'm forgetting all about that too.. it's not like it's gonna all fall out over night)

anyway, right now i'm happier than i've been for a while with my hair like this. Some of the confidence that hair loss has stolen from me i now have back!

ps, sorry this might not make much sense but i'm tired! just wanted to write something back as i've read so much forums over the past year.

I will keep an honest update over the coming months + pictures

I am starting propecia tommorow at 1.25 mg. What should I expect? I work at a trading desk so I have to be sharp all the time I am at work. If I can anticipate the effects it will have on my mood i may be able to ride them out better.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ammin View Post
    I am starting propecia tommorow at 1.25 mg. What should I expect? I work at a trading desk so I have to be sharp all the time I am at work. If I can anticipate the effects it will have on my mood i may be able to ride them out better.

Thanks!
    If you go to www.baldingblog.com the site explains all the myths about the drug. The website is Dr. Rassman's, which covers all the myths nicely.

Many people on this forum do not understand Propecia, and many do not want to know the truth because they have read all kinds of wild-horror stories on the internet.

Go to the link above and read all the information available, which is the truth. I have had very good results too.

Quote Originally Posted by ammin View Post

Thanks!
    hey man

expect nothing, just take it and forget all about it, carry on with your life. Don't dwell on it or anticipate things because you'll probably think 'i'm feeling tired/grumpy.. this must be because of propecia' etc etc.. where as you would have these feelings before you took it. By the way i'm not saying you will feel like that, it's just an example

this is what i've done and i feel no different since taking it. The only difference is that i feel like my hair has very slightly improved in feel (4 weeks in)

Obviously i can only speak for myself

peace

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    If you go to www.baldingblog.com the site explains all the myths about the drug. The website is Dr. Rassman's, which covers all the myths nicely.

Many people on this forum do not understand Propecia, and many do not want to know the truth because they have read all kinds of wild-horror stories on the internet.

Go to the link above and read all the information available, which is the truth. I have had very good results too.
    No offense to Dr. Rassman - I'm sure he's a great doctor; but he is not an endo, much less a cutting edge one.

As with any drug, there are risks - they may only effect a small % of men, and a smaller % of men permanently, but it's still important to know this before starting propecia.

Hey Howard, I just started on propecia last week myself... Same pattern as you it sounds like - slight receding and thinning at the front. I too have agonized over it after reading all the horror stories on line as of late. At the end of the day, there is not much action in this life that carries zero risk - and the risks in this case are quite small.

You can't live your life in fear.

Hey guys just an update..

my hair is still slowly feeling better and i think but not totally sure! some of my hairs at the front of my head look a little bit darker than normal when i come out the shower. so hopefully it's doing somethiing good.

On the other hand i definitely have had some side effects!!
    sorry if it's a bit too detailed! but it's the only way to keep it open and honest.

i 100% have less ejactulate, half as much as i used i'd say. It's a big difference.
    I noticed it was getting less and less but now it seems to have stopped reducing.
    by the 3rd round nearly nothing comes out :O lol

has anybody else had this?

The other side effect i had was only yesterday i noticed i could not get hard as easy as i used to. I must admit it was certainly food for thought.

I had a little read online and i've decided to take 0.25mg every other day for 4 weeks, then that way i can allow my body to get used to it better.

Has anybody had side effects that went away with continued use?
    is it the body trying to adjust?

i definitely going to continue taking it as i feel it's made an improvement to my hair (just encase someone says stop taking it) i just want to try and find a solution to these sides.

also i'm taking 0.25mg, not even 1mg and getting some sides! thats crazy lol

anyway onwards and upwards!!!

Yeah... I definitely have decreased ejaculate volume too ( sometimes)... Seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes nearly nothing, other times almost full volume. I'm one month in, so I'm going to ride it out atleast 6 months and then reassess where I am w sides. If sides are minimal, I will go a full year and see what results I will ultimately get.

I've been on Propecia for 8 weeks now but no definite sides but can't really see any gains either...

I got my pills from InHouse Pharmacy, do you think they might be fake? I heard they were a reputable source so really hope I haven't been scammed otherwise I'm wasting precious time while my hair's still receding.

Quote Originally Posted by hhoward77 View Post
    Hey just a quick message about it...

ps, sorry this might not make much sense but i'm tired! just wanted to write something back as i've read so much forums over the past year.

Howard - see that little paragraph at the end of your post, where you say you are tired, that is the start of things to come... you will find yourself over the years ahead saying to your mates ''man I am tired'' but still be pleased that your old man is doing it's thing on the ladies, then one day you will wake up exhausted and notice your John Thomas isn't as big or as hard as it used to be and you will say ''it will get better when I come off the tablets so I'll keep going''. Eventually you realise you can''t go to work and the gym for want of exhaustion, then your middle leg ceases to work.

I'm glad the .33 is working for you, but you need to be honest with yourself about any symptoms and get off the stuff as soon as you realise what's happening...