+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Propecia

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    For the most part scaremongerers want others to suffer and become bald.
    What are you basing this nonsense on? Who would enjoy something so malicious and pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    What are you basing this nonsense on? Who would enjoy something so malicious and pointless?
    No point in arguing this Chris. It's an argument you will lose on this forum. Way I see it, let others try Propecia and experience the effects themselves. Those that think sides are imaginary are naive and ignorant. I did research prior to starting Propecia and was also scared of the sides. But like many, I was desperate and had hopes of avoiding being a victim of the sides.

They creeped on me and I chose to ignore them, partially hoping they would go away. Well, a year went by and soon I was getting comments about my changed overweight physique, speech, etc. I quit and wish others the best who choose to use this drug.

I understood the risk but wanted to save my hair. I dealt with the consequences... As will others if they experience sides.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    No point in arguing this Chris. It's an argument you will lose on this forum. Way I see it, let others try Propecia and experience the effects themselves.
    The more people speak out, the better informed people are about the options. If I can make a few think twice then it's worth it.

Do you have long term sexual sides? Are you trying to resolve any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by jolankush View Post
    I agree I wish I would have started propecia yeeeeears before, I was so worried about the side effects, and reading this everywhere on the internet kept me away from the drug.
    Same with me, except only one year instead of "yeeeears". I wish I had just heard about the drug somewhere other than a hair loss forum. I let a couple of people who had bad experiences sidetrack me. I think even if my hair loss stops for years, I'll regret the density I lost letting people plant that seed of fear in my mind. Although I of course accept responsibility. I've always been a bit of a worry wart.

The more people speak out, the better informed people are about the options. If I can make a few think twice then it's worth it.

Do you have long term sexual sides? Are you trying to resolve any of this?
    Long-term meaning what?? I'm currently almost 1 year post fin and I'd say I'm about 90% to where I was prior. Meaning both physically (weight drastically fell off as DHT and T went back to normal levels, speech improved, gyno went down, morning erections returned) and mentally.

The only issue I really still have is constant fatigue which I never had prior, gyno is not completely gone at this point, and erections not fully 100% during sexual activity. I do have hopes of the above returning to normal..but man is it taking time. Guess I'm one of the few lucky ones.

I honestly don't get how people don't get sides?! I lowered my dose 8 months in, tried EOD, yet the sides were so bad and so obvious to not just me but others around me. It's really mind boggling. I would NEVER go near that pill again. Other people can do whatever the hell they want. I tried giving my 2 cents, but everybody here is pro-Propecia yet still bald and now with terrible libido and excess fat around their mid-section.

Wish those dudes the best. Smartest thing I ever did was quit.

I tried giving my 2 cents, but everybody here is pro-Propecia yet still bald and now with terrible libido and excess fat around their mid-section.
    This is the most asinine generalization I've ever read in my life. I really, really hope you're just trying to be extreme for the sake of making your shitty argument, as opposed to it being what you genuinely think is the case. I don't think I can verbalize what I think the latter would indicate without sounding like a total asshole.

I'm bummed you got sides -- I really am. But, if you think everyone is reacting the same as you but secretly hiding it out of pride or just plain ignorance, then you my friend are the one who is ignorant. All the dudes who take the drug mindfully, get results, and move on with their lives.. and some how you think your situation is the norm... ?

Yeah, I think there's a strong emotional attachment to the drug by many, such is the desire to maintain hair. Unfortunately those who talk about their negative experiences get told they're just unlucky, or even worse, that it's probably "psychological". Inevitably then, many more men are falling victim to the drug, such is the bad information and advice out there.

Can you think of anything that may have helped you recover 90%? I only got the sexual sides.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    This is the most asinine generalization I've ever read in my life. I really, really hope you're just trying to be extreme for the sake of making your shitty argument, as opposed to it being what you genuinely think is the case. I don't think I can verbalize what I think the latter would indicate without sounding like a total asshole.
    BigThinker, I was being sarcastic. Way to pick that up. You sure Propecia isn't messing with your cognitive function?

Shitty argument? I can careless what you do or the impact Propecia has on you. I will say this...those that I KNOW who took it personally, all stated the sides creeped up on them. Like they almost started forgetting how they felt and were prior to starting after using it so long. It's like they got used to how their body was. Then when they quit, were atonsished to how their body responded and ultimately changed back too. Now does that apply to everyone? No. But I do believe people want to believe their body is fine when clearly sides are evident. Everybody wants their hair on this forum, I get it, but people should be cognisant of the possible negative effects of this drug.

Unfortunately, I experienced sides yes. Did it help my hair while on the drug? Ironically not one bit. That was more deflating than experiencing any of the sides to be honest. I mean you ever think why women can't even touch the damn pill due to possible birth defects or possibly having issues conceiving, etc? I know I didn't, yet I continued to pop that pill for a year. People just need to think a little. Good luck to you though man.

Yeah, I think there's a strong emotional attachment to the drug by many, such is the desire to maintain hair. Unfortunately those who talk about their negative experiences get told they're just unlucky, or even worse, that it's probably "psychological". Inevitably then, many more men are falling victim to the drug, such is the bad information and advice out there.

Can you think of anything that may have helped you recover 90%? I only got the sexual sides.
    What sexual sides are you experiencing? PM if you don't feel comfortable sharing. I took ZMA pills upon quitting which helped my morning erections return IMO, but honestly, just hitting the gym back up, working out hard, taking multi-vitamins, and obviously quitting Propecia helped in that area.

I still am not where I want to be in that area like yourself, but I at least don't have issues with constant weak erections, extreme loss of libido, etc. But again,
    I'm not 100% there yet either.

BigThinker, I was being sarcastic. Way to pick that up. You sure Propecia isn't messing with your cognitive function?
    Umm... so, you actually think everyone on isn't getting mid-section fat and is retaining their hair from finasteride?

If the part I originally quoted (re-quoted below) was you being sarcastic (which can occasionally be difficult to assert via text anyways), then your original post doesn't make sense. Either that, or you don't know what sarcastic means, or you're just using it incorrectly on accident.

But, what do I know, I have cognitive issues from finasteride (sarcasm).

I tried giving my 2 cents, but everybody here is pro-Propecia yet still bald and now with terrible libido and excess fat around their mid-section.
    That's sarcasm? Based on the tone of the rest of that post (and your other posts), I would have guessed it was just an exaggeration. Just take a look, it's in a book.