+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Propecia

Oh and Howard, the only way around the side effects is to get off the product early...

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmalo View Post
    I've been on Propecia for 8 weeks now but no definite sides but can't really see any gains either...

I got my pills from InHouse Pharmacy, do you think they might be fake? I heard they were a reputable source so really hope I haven't been scammed otherwise I'm wasting precious time while my hair's still receding.
    Inhouse Pharmacy is legit, I hear nothing but good things about them and have ordered from there many times. The first time I took Finpecia from them I definitely got noticeable side effects consistent with finasteride. Luckily, those have gone away completely and I feel fine now.

And as for OP's and everyone else's concerns with side effects. I honestly think the best thing to do is stay away from the forums and forget you're taking it. Obviously, if they persist, then you can give it more attention and treat it as genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Hamilton View Post
    Howard - see that little paragraph at the end of your post, where you say you are tired, that is the start of things to come... you will find yourself over the years ahead saying to your mates ''man I am tired'' but still be pleased that your old man is doing it's thing on the ladies, then one day you will wake up exhausted and notice your John Thomas isn't as big or as hard as it used to be and you will say ''it will get better when I come off the tablets so I'll keep going''. Eventually you realise you can''t go to work and the gym for want of exhaustion, then your middle leg ceases to work.

I'm glad the .33 is working for you, but you need to be honest with yourself about any symptoms and get off the stuff as soon as you realise what's happening...

lol yeah that top bit seems like some crazy dream which i completely disagree with but thats just me

yeah i've infact decided to stop at the moment. My ejaculate is still very small and now i have penis discharge constantly through out the day (only like a tiny drip) like a watery cloudy colour, which i'm assuming is seamen + it's a little sore.

Though i'm not sure if it's chlamydia symptoms as i had unprotected sex a couple of weeks ago so i'm going to get tested, so hopefully soon i'll have the answer.

if it's a STI then i will continue propecia but take 0.33 every 3 days for a while and let the body adjust to it.
    If it turns out that it is propecia causing all of this then i guess i shall stop.

Would be a shame as my hair has been improving.

what other alternative are there? not rogaine as that just seems like hassell to me.

cheers

Inactive

Watery semen is one of the most common side effects and isn't really any cause for concern as far as I'm aware. IIRC, fin shrinks the prostate to some degree which affects the amount of semen coagulant that is produced.

ok so it turns out i have a STI..
    The penis discharge was a symptom of that..
    i took 2 really strong antibiotics to shift it.

so i guess i wasn't having any side effects from propecia..

i've decided to let this clear up then i will resume the propecia

Yeah... I was going to say the discharge is NOT from propecia... FYI , the health risks you are exposing yourself to from the propecia are about a thousandth of that of the unprotected sex with randoms

Howard, you will need to keep an eye on the old one eye as I suspect that you will still have problems despite resolving the STI... just keep monitoring it and come off the stuff.

Your first indicator of big issues is when you start peeing a lot at night...

Update

so i took antibiotics and am all clear (all clear of everything woop woop i took all the tests), it was gonorrhoea that i caught. After a a week i was back to normal. I resumed propecia at 0.25mg with 5 days off from when i took antibiotics.

Propecia @ 0.25mg/0.33mg (depending on how the pill breaks)

Right now i have no side effects what so ever. No shedding, Everything works, i'm healthy and as happy and working perfectly as before i started.

I think i've been taking it about 4/5months now and can honestly say i've seen improvement.

*i run my hands through my hair and no hairs are falling out.
    *no shedding at all
    *my hair looks darker which i assume because its looking fuller.
    *I even have tiny hairs in my hair line which look like they're growing ^.^

over all its slow and seeming to be successful.

Some other reasons why i think its working is because before i started propecia i used to take a comb out with me and comb back my hair then push it forward again to make it look bigger.. i haven't done this is ****ing ages now.
    I used to always WITHOUT fail wash my hair in the morning to give it fullness , now i'm not bothering, i'm doing it EOD at most.

I've also stopped using nizoral for the past month or so, i can't be bothered with it right now. It makes my hair super soft and bouncy and i prefer my hair a bit rugged and easy to style.

from me all is thumbs up, propecia would appear to be working.

Anyway, untill next time...

Default propecia is the shit!

I agree I wish I would have started propecia yeeeeears before, I was so worried about the side effects, and reading this everywhere on the internet kept me away from the drug. About the dosage it depends on how strong your hair loss is, and on on long it's been since it has started. I just wrote a post about how I manage my intakes on my blog : so I copy it here.

I read somtimes on the forums that some are not sure that 1mg of fin is effective, some want to take it every other day, others want to heigher the dosage per day. None of them are wrong. What matters is since when you are on fin. Dermatologiste sometimes suggest in the case you have no side effects but keep lossing hair : take a litte more than 1mg for the first three month to decrease your DHT more drastically. Everybody responds a little different to the drugs so listen to your body ( especially at morning to notice possible side effects^^) and look at your hair loss. I personnally experience side effects the first next morning and nothing after this. I thought the drugs wasn't effective anymore. When I swtich to fincar I was so worried taht the drugs was not effective that I took 5 mg just once to see how my body would respond. I know I crazy but now you know you don't have to do it fincar works perfectly : it cause my p***s to be switched off and a bt numb for 24 hours. But everything went back to normal the day after. But I did take 1,5 mg a day for three month even if the studies show it has no more impact on DHT. Well it forced my hair loss to stop, so I could switch to 1mg and now , 0,5 mg a day.

you can access to more informations flicking through the pages of my blog :
    http://2013hairlossrehab.blogspot.com/

I read bloggs since 4 years and only starts participating now! lol what a shame but I hope it will help some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by jolankush View Post
    I agree I wish I would have started propecia yeeeeears before, I was so worried about the side effects, and reading this everywhere on the internet kept me away from the drug. About the dosage it depends on how strong your hair loss is, and on on long it's been since it has started. I just wrote a post about how I manage my intakes on my blog : so I copy it here.

I read somtimes on the forums that some are not sure that 1mg of fin is effective, some want to take it every other day, others want to heigher the dosage per day. None of them are wrong. What matters is since when you are on fin. Dermatologiste sometimes suggest in the case you have no side effects but keep lossing hair : take a litte more than 1mg for the first three month to decrease your DHT more drastically. Everybody responds a little different to the drugs so listen to your body ( especially at morning to notice possible side effects^^) and look at your hair loss. I personnally experience side effects the first next morning and nothing after this. I thought the drugs wasn't effective anymore. When I swtich to fincar I was so worried taht the drugs was not effective that I took 5 mg just once to see how my body would respond. I know I crazy but now you know you don't have to do it fincar works perfectly : it cause my p***s to be switched off and a bt numb for 24 hours. But everything went back to normal the day after. But I did take 1,5 mg a day for three month even if the studies show it has no more impact on DHT. Well it forced my hair loss to stop, so I could switch to 1mg and now , 0,5 mg a day.

you can access to more informations flicking through the pages of my blog :
    http://2013hairlossrehab.blogspot.com/

I read bloggs since 4 years and only starts participating now! lol what a shame but I hope it will help some of you.
    For the most part scaremongerers want others to suffer and become bald. It's really sad they get to some people early-on who could have saved a lot of their hair.