X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • typicallyconcerned
    • Nov 2012

Suggestions Appreciated

Hello all -

I am considering starting Propecia in order to reduce medium shedding amounts. However, like many I have heard that the drug's side effects aren't fully understood yet and can in fact be long lasting and severe. I'm wondering, of those who have taken the medication, how long does it take for symptoms to start being noticeable. My plan is to start medication and if I see any side effects quit immediately. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
  • typicallyconcerned
    • Nov 2012

Anyone? May have had replies disabled... my apologies

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by typicallyconcerned
      Hello all -

I am considering starting Propecia in order to reduce medium shedding amounts. However, like many I have heard that the drug's side effects aren't fully understood yet and can in fact be long lasting and severe. I'm wondering, of those who have taken the medication, how long does it take for symptoms to start being noticeable. My plan is to start medication and if I see any side effects quit immediately. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
      As a precaution, you may want to consider getting blood + hormone test and even sperm analysis before you start the drug. Have you talked to your doctor about it?

Comment

• ChrisM
        • Jun 2012

The side effects range from where some people have none to where some have erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, testicular ache etcetera. Sometimes the effects if they do present themselves have been known to happen in some quite suddenly and in others not for months if ever. But to quit immediately.. bad idea the side effects if present might not only continue after an immediate drop of usage but in turn most of the hair that might have gained through use of the drug will be shed and lost in addition to what a normal shed for you would be so would be worse off just going cold turkey. My two cents.. do your research and after that be sure.. be very sure and confident that you are using Propecia in your war against hair loss.. if you aren't don't bother even attempting to use it if you are lukewarm or iffy about it.

Comment

• ravegrover
          • Jan 2011

dont think abt side effects. dont think abt the pill either. just take it & forget abt it. millions of men (including me) take propecia everyday and have seen great results.

Comment

• inspects
            • Aug 2012

Hello all -

Thanks!
            Propecia took me about 3-4 months to show significant improvements, highly recommended.

Comment

• Ktownmatti
              • Oct 2012

Just started it myself... I'm easing on to the throttle. Starting w .25mg / day for a couple weeks, then .50 mg/ day. I'm about 4 days in.

Comment

• BigThinker
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Ktownmatti
                Just started it myself... I'm easing on to the throttle. Starting w .25mg / day for a couple weeks, then .50 mg/ day. I'm about 4 days in.
                Let us know how it goes. Should I start fin, I would definitely go a route comparable to this.

Comment

• typicallyconcerned
                  • Nov 2012

Great thanks everyone for the response! Does anyone have any idea or data regarding % of individuals who experience medium-significant shedding after starting fin?

Comment

• inspects
                    • Aug 2012

Great thanks everyone for the response! Does anyone have any idea or data regarding % of individuals who experience medium-significant shedding after starting fin?
                    I STOPPED shedding.....

I believe you will too...!

If you read about the medication, I think you'll find there isn't any medically proven statistics people shed because of the medication.

Comment

• typicallyconcerned
                      • Nov 2012

This may be really weird and ultimately unrelated. But upon starting fin I began to experience pain under my armpit? Presumably a gland... idk. Kind of worrisome. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Comment

Working...