+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Anti Depressants???

I am 99% sure that I am bi-polar but I have never been diagnosed, some days I get major depression, its like a really heavy, uncomfortable feeling. This isn't just related to hair loss but it has certainly made it A LOT worse It's gotten to the point that I don't even want to do things that I enjoy that alleviate depression like playing music, I don't even want to get out of bed anymore.

Does anyone on here have experience with anti-depressants and had success with them? Can you recommend something?

I am scared of them and have heard horror stories but I don't think I have a choice anymore, I don't know what else to do Exercise isn't enough, alcohol just makes things worse, I used to smoke a lot of weed but can't get a hold of it anymore, though it did help.

Please help!

About 4 years ago I used Sertraline, Citalopram and Fluoxetine. In all fairness I felt no difference, tired and generally like crap so I came off them.

I guess for long term use they may or may not help, for me, it was dealing with the root cause of the issue.

Whats really helped me so far is CBT, Cognitive Therapy is great as it really does set a perspective. If you wanna chat, do PM me.

Meditation, quality therapist, and CBT (as above poster mentioned).

Depression is not an easy road, but it can be managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    About 4 years ago I used Sertraline, Citalopram and Fluoxetine. In all fairness I felt no difference, tired and generally like crap so I came off them.

I guess for long term use they may or may not help, for me, it was dealing with the root cause of the issue.

Whats really helped me so far is CBT, Cognitive Therapy is great as it really does set a perspective. If you wanna chat, do PM me.
    How long did you receive Cognitive Therapy for? I mean it all depends on how good the therapist is right?

My depression has been on and off for the last three years really. I masked the problem for too long smoking green and now I am having to deal with the reality of it. Doesn't help that I moved to a new city, live alone and don't really know many people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    My depression has been on and off for the last three years really. I masked the problem for too long smoking green and now I am having to deal with the reality of it. Doesn't help that I moved to a new city, live alone and don't really know many people here.
    I suffered from anxiety and depression for a while. It was around 2 years ago, and I saw a Dr. about it. He prescribe me something (I don't even remember what), which I took every day for a month. I remember it would give me stints of mild euphoria (bit of an oxymoron, I know). Overall, it didn't do much.

I decided to start exercising and kept on smoking lots of ganja. It really has helped me. I'm not here to promote the use of illegal drugs, but damn it has meant everything to me.

First of all, it's good to see a productive thread in this area of the forum! I was on prozac and other antidepressants for a while and while I do believe they helped I think it's best to stay away from them if possible. Therapy with a good therapist and exercise helped me more than anything. I also stopped drinking for the most part, which at first was difficult because it made me forget in the short term, but in the long run was the best decision for me. Alcohol is a depressant and if you drink a lot, it really messes with your head the next day.

Talking it out with an objective third party who knows what they are doing can really help. Diet can help a lot with your mood also. You can beat depression for sure, you just have to really work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I am 99% sure that I am bi-polar but I have never been diagnosed, some days I get major depression, its like a really heavy, uncomfortable feeling. This isn't just related to hair loss but it has certainly made it A LOT worse It's gotten to the point that I don't even want to do things that I enjoy that alleviate depression like playing music, I don't even want to get out of bed anymore.

Does anyone on here have experience with anti-depressants and had success with them? Can you recommend something?

I am scared of them and have heard horror stories but I don't think I have a choice anymore, I don't know what else to do Exercise isn't enough, alcohol just makes things worse, I used to smoke a lot of weed but can't get a hold of it anymore, though it did help.

Please help!
    Breaking,

Not to add fire to the flame, but anti-depressants can cause hair loss, as well as so many other medications do.

I hope you find something to help besides the medication route, which also have so many other potential bad side effects.

Breaking Bald, did your depression by any chance started after you started using fin?

2020 I have never taken fin so no, although I understand that is a possible side effect. I am too scared to take fin for the various side effects, especially because I am only 22.

I would prefer not to take any meds for depression really, maybe I should just start smoking weed again, at least it helped

I anyone is interested in the subject I just watched this interesting documentary by Stephen Fry

I am pretty certain I have manic depression as I go from extremes all the time. There isn't really a definite answer with how to deal with it really.