Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinnaker89
    • Nov 2012

Fin?

Hey everyone I recently decided to take fin. unfortunately my insurance is not covering it and asking 90$ for 30 (1mg) pills thats a months supply.
    now i know im not gonna start taking 1 pill per day i wanna ease into it so like .5mg EOD.

But can anyone shed any light on to what I should do to get the meds. where you guys are getting it and maybe even if i can do something to have insurance cover it?

any help would be really appreciated

thanks!
  • Soxfaninfl
    • Mar 2012

Ask your doc for a prescription for Proscar 5mg. Insurance will not cover a pill for MPB. A 30 day supply of Proscar will last you 4 months because you will cut each pill into quarters 1.25mg. It will be much cheaper than propecia. I use Propecia cause I don't want to deal with pill cutting and I can afford it. Propecia is suppose to go generic in January according to consumer reports.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

There are certain pharmacies that sell generic Finasteride for less that $30 for 30 pills which last four months. Do you research and I am sure you will find less expensive option. Also generic Propecia/ Finasteride 1 mg should be available in the next few months.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...